Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I Have A New Sewing Cabinet!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-have-new-sewing-cabinet-t144450.html)

lalaland 10-11-2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
Where did you get that clear thing.....I don't even now what it's called.......that keeps your fabric level with the sewing machine?

Originally Posted by lalaland
We spend our summers in WA, we have a small mobile home and sewing can be a challenge. I didn't even set up my stuff until 2 weeks before we were leaving last year because I didn't know where to put everything.

So, here's my old setup and here's my new setup. This is a Sauder sewing cabinet, I ordered it online through Walmart, I got it for $119 but it goes on sale for $99 frequently and the shipping is free to the Walmart nearest you. It's really sturdy and the shelves can hold up to 25 lbs.

I set up in front of one of the recliners but DH said no problem, we have another recliner, an overstuff chair, and a couch so he's comfortably covered no matter what!

That's one of those Sew Steady acrylic tables. That's a small one but I have a large one for that machine as well. They will make tables that fit any age machine but they will tell you that they cannot be modified. My DH modified the large one to fit my Kenmore computerized machine by shaving off some of the acrylic in the bed area. That made the table a little bigger in the bed area for the machine you see, but the table is so stable, and the increased gap was so minor, it still works great and isn't noticeable at all.

debbieumphress 10-11-2011 08:41 PM

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us. Now I have to go and check it out. I love the table. Wonderful.

vschieve 10-11-2011 09:39 PM

Hi Leslie,
Hey that looks great; are y'all back in California now and if so, did you take the Sauder back with you? Or did you order one for home too?
Vernell

lalaland 10-11-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by vschieve
Hi Leslie,
Hey that looks great; are y'all back in California now and if so, did you take the Sauder back with you? Or did you order one for home too?
Vernell

yep, back in CA and back to work. Left the Sauder in WA, have a sewing room here in CA. Looking forward to meeting up with you gals again in the Spring!

Sew Krazy Girl 10-11-2011 10:22 PM

Oh wow - How nice is that! I like your idea very much.

charismah 10-11-2011 10:49 PM

Oh I just gave one of those away! They are really nice to have. I just didn't have room in my studio anymore.

vintagemotif 10-11-2011 10:53 PM

That works well! Congrats on having a new space for all your sewing items.

wordpaintervs 12-08-2012 07:50 PM

really nice. I am glad you got that. HUGS

Auntie B 12-08-2012 08:12 PM

Very nice, practical and visually appealing. The only problem at my house would be that it is never folded up and put away all neat and tidy. lol Glad for you, it is a super deal, I'll have to go online and see what I can get here from Walmart. You got a great price, the LQS that I work at, our cabinets start at $700 and go up from there. Yikes !!!

lalaland 12-10-2012 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Auntie B (Post 5707224)
Very nice, practical and visually appealing. The only problem at my house would be that it is never folded up and put away all neat and tidy. lol Glad for you, it is a super deal, I'll have to go online and see what I can get here from Walmart. You got a great price, the LQS that I work at, our cabinets start at $700 and go up from there. Yikes !!!

The only time mine is folded up neat and tidy is when we have company or we're leaving WA to come back to CA, otherwise I'm cluttering up the living room which is pretty much most of the time. My favorite Sew Vac just got in a new cabinet, very utilitarian looking, NO storage space for anything, the only thing it has is an electronic lift and they want $599 for it. Yikes is right!!!