Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I hope she will help a child with cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hope-she-will-help-child-cancer-t56981.html)

Friendly Quilter 08-02-2010 02:57 PM

How sweet! Any little girl would love those dolls.

wordpaintervs 08-02-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Friendly Quilter
How sweet! Any little girl would love those dolls.

A very sweet person who is herself a cancer survivor asked me to send her my pattern, so she could sew for the little ones with cancer. It went out in the mail today. I made a home made design of my own.

Hope the instructions weren't clear as mud when she receives them. ggl

Thanks for replying to me here.

Vickey S.

wordpaintervs 08-02-2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs

Originally Posted by mawmawbeve_60
"How sweet of you.."May god Bless!

Thanks. It is just something I feel needs to be done, and in retirement, it is one of the things i give a priority to doing. Lost freinds and family to cancer...so it is a pay forward time for me.

Hugs and God Bless you and yours

Vickey Stamps

Love to get to see a picture when it gets finished. You can always pm me here or e-mail me at: [email protected].

Thanks

Vickey

I agree. Lost husband, brother, SILs and many friends to cancer so if I can help in any small way I will. My Quilts for Kids kit arrived today and can't wait to get started.

Tweety2911 08-02-2010 03:33 PM

Please PM me with your address and I will be happy to send some trims and fabric.

Dee 08-02-2010 08:28 PM

Those dolls are adorable. What a beautiful thoughtful person you are. Bless you.

wordpaintervs 08-02-2010 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dee
Those dolls are adorable. What a beautiful thoughtful person you are. Bless you.

Thanks and so glad you enjoyed seeing them. God bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps

zz-pd 08-03-2010 09:24 PM

You are a very beautiful lady with a heart of gold. You did a fantastic job, and I am sure it will be faster in time with the more you sew them. Please keep being the angel you are, in bring a smile to those wonderful children. May God bless You and your family. Penny

wordpaintervs 08-04-2010 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
You are a very beautiful lady with a heart of gold. You did a fantastic job, and I am sure it will be faster in time with the more you sew them. Please keep being the angel you are, in bringing a smile to those wonderful children. May God bless You and your family. Penny

Thanks so much for the kindness of your words. I too hope the doll beomes a symbol of companionship and happiness for each child able to get one.

I plan to keep making them as often as I can and sending them on their way.

Thanks again.

Vickey Stamps

wordpaintervs 08-04-2010 10:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the most recent doll made of donated fabric I've had for awhile. I took the picture before I realized that I hadn't done her brown eyes. giggling.

Guess I best go do that. This is another doll that will go out to a child with cancer.

wordpaintervs 08-04-2010 10:20 PM

ignore my goofy looking arm...I 'messed it up' trying to edit out a flaw. OOOOPS!!!