Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I hope she will help a child with cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hope-she-will-help-child-cancer-t56981.html)

Quilt4u 08-05-2010 03:22 AM

A BIG Thanks.I lost both my parents to cancer and my DD and DN have been tested and are precancer. And my DS had Cancer but they got it earily.

wordpaintervs 08-05-2010 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
A BIG Thanks.I lost both my parents to cancer and my DD and DN have been tested and are precancer. And my DS had Cancer but they got it earily.

You are beyond welcome. I believe in the pay forward in whatever area it can be applied too. Each day can be a giving day in some way...or at least that is how I feel. I have empysema from smoking for 35 years (quit in 1990) but found day before yesterday that I only have 35% of the use of the clusters in the lungs that proceess air into the red blood cells for use by the body. Instead of just Oxygen at night, I am now supposed to use it during the day (most of the time) as well.

It isn't going to slow me down if I can help it. I can't do things on a large scale, but I can make a difference and intend to do that. God bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps

dlspeed1 08-05-2010 07:56 AM

Your a wonderful Angel :)

wordpaintervs 08-05-2010 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by dlspeed1

Thanks for saying that. That was nice. I just do what I am able to do.

My mom taught me all her life, about caring for ones fellow man. If I measure up to the love she had in one little finger, I'll have become a good person.

God Bless you and yours.

Vickey Stmps

juneeloonee 08-05-2010 09:12 AM

What a terrific gift! The blessings you "sew" I'm sure you will also reap!

wordpaintervs 08-05-2010 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by dlspeed1

I am nothing special. I just do what I can. But thanks for the vision of me as an angel. That is wonderful.

thanks again.

Vickey Stamps

wordpaintervs 08-05-2010 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by juneeloonee
What a terrific gift! The blessings you "sew" I'm sure you will also reap!

I only hope the dolls and the chemo caps I make will make some small difference for the better, in the lives they touch. Thats all I want for doing it.

Thanks for the reply.

God Bless

Vickey Stamps

mjsylvstr 08-05-2010 10:13 AM

Vickey.did you say that you are a retired nurse??????

I have a few nurse friends and they were all smokers........

of course, way back when !!!!!!!! we all didn't know what the kids today know.......

wordpaintervs 08-05-2010 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
Vickey.did you say that you are a retired nurse??????

I have a few nurse friends and they were all smokers........

of course, way back when !!!!!!!! we all didn't know what the kids today know.......

Yes. I was a nurse for 27 years. I had cancer patients and I knew better...but one day I got so scared from health incidents two days in a row, that I put my cigerettes in my work jacket, carried them for 2 weeks and never smoked again. I quit in 1990.
Hubby quit 10 years before me.

Hugs

Vickey

mjsylvstr 08-05-2010 12:57 PM

Good for you Vickey

I smoked for years..and my daughter 16 (at the time,1976) told me she didn't want me to die.....I had just bought a carton so I finished that...with all around the dinner table, I smoked the very last one, cork tip and all !!!!!

Six months later, I grabbed daughter's jacket to run out to the store, stuck my hand in her pocket......and guess what I found..
you got it.....a pack of ciggies.......
and she is still is smokin' 'em..........

Just can't get her to quit.and her daughter now is also......

Can't or won't quit....until they are ready.......right?