Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I hope she will help a child with cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hope-she-will-help-child-cancer-t56981.html)

Renee110 01-14-2011 06:41 PM

That's precious. So are you!

Jingle 01-14-2011 07:23 PM

Pretty dolls, you are an angel to do this for the little girls.

wordpaintervs 01-14-2011 08:33 PM

Thanks so much for those replies. I am putting hair on the 3rd little doll whose clothes you saw in the pictures above. This doll will have a combo of braided hair and long hair. I'll try to get front and back pics. After that, its back to the larger type dolls like the ones on the other pages prior to these. Take care and God Bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps

wordpaintervs 01-14-2011 10:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the final 'small' doll

Hope you like it and all the rest of them. Note that the top of the hairdo in the back is plaited.

wordpaintervs 01-20-2011 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OOOPS...Forgot I was wearing my O2 in the latest picture.

Here is doll # 30 for kids with cancer or other dibilitating disease. Two views include her wearing 'pantaloons'....giggling. I need to locate the flip doll bodies and get some more of those done. I hope you will enjoy seeing them. Hugs and God Bless's to you and yours.

This doesn't include the two 12 inch dolls or one of the boy dolls recently finished and posted. Guess that makes 33. I lose count.

Vickey Stamps

Sheila Elaine 01-23-2011 07:00 PM

Vickey, your dolls are wonderful and will make some child feel so loved. Thanks for showing us.

wordpaintervs 01-23-2011 07:35 PM

Thanks. I made two 12 inch dolls that may be somewhere on here, if not they are in another of my topics. I started a new one after church today. HOpe they help a child. Hugs to you and yours and thanks for replying to my posting of the dolls.

wordpaintervs 04-08-2011 10:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Just tonight finished up doll number 34. Have attached the nightgown view as well as the dress view of this 'flip' doll. She is 21 inches high. Will ty to attach a picture .

kateyb 04-09-2011 08:44 AM

You make such cute dolls.

wordpaintervs 04-09-2011 09:14 AM

thanks for that compliment. I try as hard as I can to make these dolls as special as I can, for the sake of the child who will hold one in their arms and hopefully find comfort.

The story behind the trim on this particular one is thast last month an 80 year old lady e-mail friend made it upstairs to her hobby room, while ill to pack up two boxes full of special trims for me to have for my dolls. Many woman have stepped forth to send me lots of fabric and trim and I am grateful for their caring.

It is now just my labor to get the dolls done.

My hubby and I got caught in a freezing storm in your state on our way to see kids that once lived in that state. We had to stop overnight and even the water in our radiator of the truck froze. WOW Brought back memories seeing where you live. giggling