Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I hope she will help a child with cancer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-hope-she-will-help-child-cancer-t56981.html)

rootyr 04-26-2011 11:05 AM

You sure are a sweetheart. Kudos!

hereca622 04-26-2011 11:18 AM

Keep sewing Vickey, it keeps you young and brightens a little girl's days. Cute dolls.

wordpaintervs 04-26-2011 11:52 AM

thanks for all those replies. I am told Georgia is unable to 'really bold onto anything' but seems comforted to have it near her. By the way, those who don't know, I am 70 years old, have empyhema and am a retired nurse and writer. Gotta keep on keeping on and do what I can do. I never could find a reason not to be doing something, unless I was to sick to do more than rest.

Vickey

Jammin' Jane 04-26-2011 12:03 PM

I love her smile.
Sending you warm fuzzies for being so kind!
She is precious!

wordpaintervs 04-26-2011 12:19 PM

It touched our hearts to get the picture on-line and be given permission to share it.

Thanks

countrycottage 04-26-2011 12:49 PM

What a sweet thing to do. Your dolls are adorable, and I'm sure any little girl would treasure one.

CarolinePaj 04-26-2011 01:00 PM

Oh My....

Your dolls are fantastic and for such a worthwhile cause.

I think that you are doing such a wonderful thing.... I lost my mum and brother to cancer but it must be awful when it is a child that is affected!

Keep up the good work.

Hugs

JJC 04-26-2011 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Again....(See the chemo caps sending of a few days ago) is not exactly a quilt, but like the one cap, it is the use of mixtures of fabric and trim, sewn together for a purpose. This is number ten of the dolls for local kids with cancer, I have made. Each one seems to be a little different. This time I actually took wax paper and planned out a pattern I believe I will continue on using. She is a flip or reversable doll with a smile on one end and a nice dress, then on the other a nightgown and a smile.. She took almost 12 hours start to finish to complete. She is 21 inches tall. Two children so far were laid to rest with their dolls. I hope there will be no more. I am a retired nurse, writer, sewer, knitter, etc and will be 70 in just over a week. I've lost friends and family to cancer, and complications from Alzheimer's... so this type retirement project is a 'pay forward' thing.

So love what you're doing. The dolls are beautiful and I'm sure a delight for a child to receive one. I can just picture a childs face light up when he or she receives one. May the Lord bless you always.

:)

GrannieAnnie 04-26-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs
Again....(See the chemo caps sending of a few days ago) is not exactly a quilt, but like the one cap, it is the use of mixtures of fabric and trim, sewn together for a purpose. This is number ten of the dolls for local kids with cancer, I have made. Each one seems to be a little different. This time I actually took wax paper and planned out a pattern I believe I will continue on using. She is a flip or reversable doll with a smile on one end and a nice dress, then on the other a nightgown and a smile.. She took almost 12 hours start to finish to complete. She is 21 inches tall. Two children so far were laid to rest with their dolls. I hope there will be no more. I am a retired nurse, writer, sewer, knitter, etc and will be 70 in just over a week. I've lost friends and family to cancer, and complications from Alzheimer's... so this type retirement project is a 'pay forward' thing.

Cute dolls!

roseOfsharon 04-26-2011 01:24 PM

What a blessing you are to all those you have given of your time and placed a smile on their faces. The comfort you provide goes a long way, be a child or an adult. Hugs.