Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I just can't do scrappy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-just-cant-do-scrappy-t45644.html)

mcdaniel023 05-16-2010 04:43 PM

Gaigai,
I have a hard time with scrappy, too. But I usually like them when they are done. I really love yours. It would be a perfect match for the living room of my new house. :wink: :wink:
Show us pictures of the quilting when you are done.
Hugs,
Deb

AnnieF 05-16-2010 05:03 PM

You know, scrappy can also be in a color family. Personally the scrappier the better for me, I get bored when it's a coordinated 2 or 3 fabrics. But sometimes I'm in a 2 color quilt mood. When that happens, I make it scrappy by having it say red/white or blue/white.....2 color just not 2 fabrics. I'll pull in every blue in my stash or every red. I might even pull in every white in my stash. It works for me.

galvestonangel 05-16-2010 05:24 PM

I really like your quilt. I love scrappy quilts, but it is hard for me to do one. But even when I plan one, sometimes I don't like it after it is finished (or maybe I'm just sick of looking st it).

k3n 05-17-2010 10:38 PM

I think it's too coordinated to be a TRUE scrappy! So bad luck, you STILL haven't done scrappy in my view! And I'd never pick those fabrics myself in a million - not my tasse de thé at ALL, having said that, the more I look at it, the more I kind of like it, it sort of grows on you. Although there are a couple of blocks on the right hand side adjacent and with the same large patch fabric which are kind of annoying me.... no, I can't do scrappy either, unless it's CONTROLLED! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

gaigai 05-17-2010 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
I think it's too coordinated to be a TRUE scrappy! So bad luck, you STILL haven't done scrappy in my view! And I'd never pick those fabrics myself in a million - not my tasse de thé at ALL, having said that, the more I look at it, the more I kind of like it, it sort of grows on you. Although there are a couple of blocks on the right hand side adjacent and with the same large patch fabric which are kind of annoying me.... no, I can't do scrappy either, unless it's CONTROLLED! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Well, I DID have everything laid out so nothing was touching or adjacent, but while I was sewing the first row together, mother came and started rearranging the blocks. Whereupon I got really pissed off and just started grabbing and sewing. After I wadded it up and threw it in a corner for a while. :hunf:

k3n 05-17-2010 11:06 PM

I just went back for another look at them both and I think that Peach Parfait works better partly because the strip patches are in only two fabrics and there's only one (beautiful!!!) focus fabric - so maybe this pattern isn't greatly suited to scrappy? I don't know! I'm trying to get you off the hook here! LOL Anyway, while looking again at this one, I liked it even more! So there!

deedum 09-08-2010 07:39 PM

I love scrappies! So I like it!

heather1949 09-08-2010 08:22 PM

I'm with everyone else, I really like it.

brenda21 09-08-2010 08:40 PM

I really like this quilt...I think it looks great :)

Miss Purple Shoes 09-09-2010 01:51 PM

I love it! I love the colours, the pattern and the scrappy finish.