Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I just got a whole bunch of batiks!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-just-got-whole-bunch-batiks-t68326.html)

vintagemotif 10-05-2010 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hperttula123

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I did a quilt with Bali fabric using the half-hexi pattern.
I will try to post it later under Bali half-hexi. It was fun arranging the material into a modern grandma flower garden quilt.

Oh, I'd love to see a pic of it.

I posted under Bali Half-Hexi Quilt, but for some reason when doing a search it doesn't show up now. So here it is:

hperttula123 10-05-2010 06:18 PM

I did a quilt with Bali fabric using the half-hexi pattern.
I will try to post it later under Bali half-hexi. It was fun arranging the material into a modern grandma flower garden quilt.

Oh, I'd love to see a pic of it.

I posted under Bali Half-Hexi Quilt, but for some reason when doing a search it doesn't show up now. So here it is:

that is beautiful. I really like the quilting on it. Are the hexagons hard to do. I've never tried them before. Are there any tricks to making it look nice, like yours?....duh...nevermind, I see it's half-hexi. Didn't catch that part. I was just in wow over your quilt.

purplefiend 10-05-2010 06:21 PM

Now...I can't decide what to even so with them. Not sure I want to even cut them up...they are too pretty.

You could save yourself all that deciding and just mail them to me. :lol:
Sharon W.

quiltluvr 10-05-2010 06:47 PM

Beautiful batiks. The picture doesn't do them justice.

sewsue 10-05-2010 06:55 PM

Well they are just great and I love them because they are so versatile, I use them in lots of places if I cannot decide what color to use, they always seem to blend in. Enjoy looking at them I also have a problem with cutting up my fabrics.

grandmacam 10-06-2010 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by grandmacam
I'm kinda new at quilting. Can someone tell me what batiks are?

here is a close up of some tie dye next to some batiks. A batik is like a tie dye, but has prints on them. They are just wonderful.

In the pic it is a tie dye, batik, and another batik. You'll see the difference and fall in love with them for sure.

Thanks! I'll have to look for them next time I go shopping
:thumbup:

hperttula123 10-08-2010 07:11 PM

I'm kinda new at quilting. Can someone tell me what batiks are?

here is a close up of some tie dye next to some batiks. A batik is like a tie dye, but has prints on them. They are just wonderful.

In the pic it is a tie dye, batik, and another batik. You'll see the difference and fall in love with them for sure.

Thanks! I'll have to look for them next time I go shopping
:thumbup:

Great...I know you'll love them!

LETIA 10-08-2010 07:14 PM

Those are just beautiful. I love batiks

GrandmaJeanne 10-08-2010 07:35 PM

Kristen0112---Just love the pattern---I too love batiks.