Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I know this is a piecing site but................ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-know-piecing-site-but-t22970.html)

jacquemoe 08-26-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
This is wonderful. Pieced or not, we all have to quilt the quilt. Do you think you could post a tutorial so we all could learn? Or perhaps, an on-line workshop? Gwyn

You will go far even if you never piece a quilt. Your stitching is so wonderful. Gwyn

Thank you, Gwyn, for the lovely comment. I cheated, I have a longarm machine. If anyone is interested, I use a wonderful site that has some free longarm quilting videos. Now, back to PPP............practice, practice, practice.

patricej 08-26-2009 01:21 PM

if i remember correctly, jackie has pieced plently of quilts in the past. she has just gotten so good at the longarm quilting that she no longer has time to make her own quilts. the world is lined up begging her to finish their quilts. :lol:

pennyswings 08-26-2009 03:41 PM

Jackie:
Well deserved compliments, the beach lady quilt was one of those I could not forget. I like machine quilting I do get better and better the more I practice. I find it relaxing most of the time. I would love a long arm quilter it must be so much fun to use. You gave me hope there, maybe one day.

Originally Posted by jacquemoe

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Jackie:
What beautiful photos of your work. I remember your quilt with the beach theme. With the shell and the waves on it. This is just another example of your beautiful quilting. You have truly mastered this, simply lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Oh my, I didn't expect this to pop up again. Thank you, Penny. I can't believe you remember the beach lady quilt. Now I'm taking online classes. Don't think I'll ever reach the skill level that I want to reach but trying to get there is interesting, fun, frustrating and, should I mention, fun? Oh, kind of expensive too.

echobluff 03-14-2011 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
Just one more. This one looks like sperm to me :shock: Guess I need a lot more practice on this one.

Sperm...OMG!!! :lol:

Lori S 03-14-2011 12:46 PM

What great work!!! I bet you are one busy lady.

Rachel 03-14-2011 12:54 PM

uuuummmm, I have a stack of quilt tops you can "practice" on anytime. tee hee Looks AWESOME!!! Great work!!!!!!

LivelyLady 03-14-2011 04:24 PM

Beautiful quilting :D :D

Jim's Gem 03-14-2011 04:25 PM

Hmmmm..... This is an old topic, just resurrected.

ckcowl 03-14-2011 04:29 PM

your quilting is lovely...and this is not ..."a piecing site" it is a quilting board; and what you do is quilt; there is no reason to not show your projects. you would be surprised how many of us make whole cloth quilts.

Kathi in PA 03-14-2011 04:32 PM

I think you do fabulous work!! Don't ever sell yourself short, you are an inspiration to me!

Kathi in PA