Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I know this is a piecing site but................ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-know-piecing-site-but-t22970.html)

Iluv2quilt 07-19-2009 10:05 AM

I though this was a quilting site - all aspects. Wow! You do wonderful freehand work!! I wish you were closer, I have a lot of quilts to quilt. I like when the quilter quilts with the piecing in mind that compliments the quilt top, turns out beautiful!

jacquemoe 07-19-2009 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
practice? so what what do you think your "for real" work is? This is absolutely awesome!!!!

Have you had lessons? Where do you go to get them? What machine/frame set up do you have? What made you decide on this particular setup?

Just wondering- I someday (sighing wistfully) would love to have a longarm- just for myself, not as a business.

Thank you very much. The only lessons I've had are from DVDs, books and the longarm site I belong to....MQResource.com. The gals help so much and I get some really good ideas from them.
I have a Gammill Classic + (I never ever thought I'd ever own a longarm......goes to show you, you never know for sure)
I looked online for about 4 years and only got 2 Demo DVDs from different brands. DH didn't know I would have settled for something less expensive. I recently tried a Tin Lizzy and seemed great to me.
I got it for a hobby (saved my sanity) but I do some requests.

jacquemoe 07-19-2009 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
The photos are wonderful! Wow! I can appreciate not wasting your practice! But if you ever want to get rid of that, I would be proud to show it off for you! You are very accomplished. :lol:
I am not familiar with McTavishing. What is it? :?:

Check out Karen McTavish. She teaches longarm and domestic machine quilting. McTavishing is her style of quilting.

patricej 07-19-2009 10:14 AM

the name of this here joint is quiltingboard.com. soooooo ... that's piecing, applique, a bunch of other stuff, and ... you heard it here first ... quilting.

pretentious? heck no. i think your work is inspiring AND that you are tooo modest. ;-)

cutebuns 07-19-2009 10:19 AM

I love your work, and I love seeing it here, makes me want to do more and more with my machine.

Ninnie 07-19-2009 10:20 AM

Oh, my, jacquemoe, I love your quilting! It all is just beautiful !
Thanks so much for posting it!

farscapegal 07-19-2009 10:25 AM

It is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to do that but quilting is part of the process that I just can't seem to get the hang of and I love making the top. One of these days I will just have to make myself learn how.

Thanks for sharing.

Sybil

trugger 07-19-2009 10:26 AM

Absolutely gorgeous!?!?!

Your "practice" and my "practice" are miles apart.

Please continue to post them!

MsSage 07-19-2009 10:31 AM

Your work is BEAUTIFUL and as Partice said this is a QUILTING board.
Please keep sharing :D :D

sewnsewer2 07-19-2009 10:36 AM

Hey, if you want more to "practice" on, I'll send you mine!! You always do an outstanding job, not matter what!