Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I know this is a piecing site but................ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-know-piecing-site-but-t22970.html)

jacquemoe 07-19-2009 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by kathy
you silly girl! we love watching you grow, you never know when you may need to remember how to do the "sperm", somebody just may want them on his quilt! rofl, just curious, what was it supposed to look like?
keep 'em coming

PAISLEY! Who would have guessed anyway??? Like I said, need to work on that one a bit. ROFLMBO

chickadee_42us 07-19-2009 04:22 PM

Great stitching - great design aspects. Lucky you!

Justquilting 07-19-2009 04:25 PM

Practice???????????????? Your kidding, right?
OMG!!! It's beautiful.
Keep those pictures coming. :mrgreen:
I wish my quilts came out as beautiful as your practice quilts.
Ahhh...maybe someday!! :wink:

gaigai 07-19-2009 04:32 PM

Anything I say here is absolutely redundant, because someone has already said it. All I can think of is superlatives: Wow, Gorgeous, Excellent, and as Terri said "I wanna be you when I grow up". Cause frankly, I love piecing, but I don't like to quilt. I guess I'll just have to send all my stuff to you to practice on! :roll: :P

Shemjo 07-19-2009 04:48 PM

Your paisley comes out looking like sperm! ROFL! I will never look at paisley the same way again! Too funny! :lol: And I really like paisley! :?

Teacup 07-19-2009 04:52 PM

Your work is GORGEOUS! My sister-in-law just got a used longarm. She lives two hours away. I told her I'm coming over this fall for a long weekend after she's got it set up and has had time to practice. I'm going to PLAY! I'm bookmarking this thread so I can show her your work and the reference to the online longarm group. She'll love it. Thank you very much for sharing, and keep the pictures coming. We can learn a lot from your experience.

Janstar 07-19-2009 05:02 PM

Absolutely beautiful quilting Jackie! I love the feathers and all of it really!! You certainly don't need much practice when it's already PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!

jacquemoe 07-19-2009 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ever since I joined this site (before I had my longarm) I never knew so man women could be so sweet and thoughtful and giving. Quilters are very special women and I'm proud to be a part of this community.
Thank you all for the uplifting words and your support, watching me grow. I do get excited when I learn something new and just want to share with everyone. I show anyone that will stand still long enough to look. :lol:
See the picture, I'm actually going to piece a quilt for my granddaugter, hopefully, by December. This is my first attempt at the disappearing 9 patch. I love how you can play with it.

Barbm 07-19-2009 06:08 PM

checking this out again- my favorite are the curly fans. I want you to practice some more and then send it to me so I can feel the texture- permanently. :) j/k

I am just so impressed with your work, I love looking at the pics (and I didn't see sperm so I don't know where your mind is- prehaps too many medical shows on tv while you're quilting?

waquilter 07-19-2009 06:59 PM

You are very talented. Your "practice" piece is beautiful.