Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I won a Prize from the Online shop hop! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-won-prize-online-shop-hop-t45352.html)

oldswimmer 05-09-2010 11:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Like many of you on the board, I do the Fab Shop hop online. I was shocked to find an email that I had won a 2nd place prize for the February hop.
I waited patiently for the package, and when it arrived I have to tell you that I was REALLY disappointed. They sent me four half yards of the cheapest looking off white fabrics. You could see right through them!

I pouted for a few days, and then hubby said I should at least let them know that I was disappointed in what I recieved. So I did.... and they were very nice, and said if I was not satisfied I should send it back and they would send something different. That pleased me, even if I had to pay to send them..... I figured anything would have been better. (Those fabrics were horrible...and after all the time you spend "hopping")

I kept thinking that maybe I was being to hard on them, but then I thought... if I was doing a prize giveaway in a regular store, I certainly would have chosen something of better quality.
Or if I was donating a prize. So this is what they sent as a replacement.........

Now.... what to do with them? I am open to any inspirational suggestions you may have!

Dancing teapots by Sharon Yenter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54212[/ATTACH]

Eclectic garden by Jason Yenter
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54226[/ATTACH]

cjomomma 05-09-2010 11:59 AM

Congratulations. I love all of those colors. Do you know what you are gonna make yet?

sharon b 05-09-2010 12:01 PM

The teapots I think I would make a table runner out of , the sedond one a small lap quilt ?

KGoodhand 05-09-2010 12:02 PM

they are beautiful!
I can't wait to see pictures of what you make!

FancyFoot 05-09-2010 12:46 PM

Pretty fabrics :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I won a $10.00 certificate from Some Art Fabric. My order came to approx $9.00 with shipping (ordered a pattern). Some Art Fabric said I had to pay for shipping...I canceled the order :evil: :evil: :evil:
I don't see why I should pay for shipping if the total order was less than $10.00
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

cjomomma 05-09-2010 01:07 PM

That is so wrong. Easy way to lose business.

craftybear 05-09-2010 02:05 PM

what have you decided to send it back, they should just send you another package and should be able to keep the old stuff to use for a quilt for charity, you shouldn't be out the postage to send it back.

Craftybear

craftybear 05-09-2010 02:06 PM

Did you tell them that lots of your friends online does the shop hop!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Like many of you on the board, I do the Fab Shop hop online. I was shocked to find an email that I had won a 2nd place prize for the February hop.
I waited patiently for the package, and when it arrived I have to tell you that I was REALLY disappointed. They sent me four half yards of the cheapest looking off white fabrics. You could see right through them!

I pouted for a few days, and then hubby said I should at least let them know that I was disappointed in what I recieved. So I did.... and they were very nice, and said if I was not satisfied I should send it back and they would send something different. That pleased me, even if I had to pay to send them..... I figured anything would have been better. (Those fabrics were horrible...and after all the time you spend "hopping")

I kept thinking that maybe I was being to hard on them, but then I thought... if I was doing a prize giveaway in a regular store, I certainly would have chosen something of better quality.
Or if I was donating a prize. So this is what they sent as a replacement.........

Now.... what to do with them? I am open to any inspirational suggestions you may have!

littlehud 05-09-2010 02:31 PM

What a wonderful prize. I'm glad you complained. Great fabrics.

oldswimmer 05-09-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by FancyFoot
Pretty fabrics :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I won a $10.00 certificate from Some Art Fabric. My order came to approx $9.00 with shipping (ordered a pattern). Some Art Fabric said I had to pay for shipping...I canceled the order :evil: :evil: :evil:
I don't see why I should pay for shipping if the total order was less than $10.00
:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

You should get the email from the Fabshophop and tell them you were disappointed and see what they say!