Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I Would Like to See Some of Your Quilt Backs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-would-like-see-some-your-quilt-backs-t25351.html)

feline fanatic 09-12-2009 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
As a handquilter I try not to have to piece the back. It is much more difficult to quilt through if both the front and back have lots of seams. I like to leave it a solid color because then the quilting really shows up well.

Yup, me too. It can be hard enough handquilting through front seams and I know I alway curse the seam in the back because I have never used extra wide fabric so always end up with at least one. So I have never pieced a back. I do have one WIP that I did do some very simple piecing that is destined for the lap hoop. I guess I will find out how much I regret that decision when I start quilting it.

Jaynie 09-12-2009 04:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of my most recent backs. I love interesting backs. These two were mostly just scrapes from the tops and I was really sweating it trying to get enough to make backs for these two.

This is the back of the quilt in my avatar
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9721[/ATTACH]

Back of my "BQ" quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]45336[/ATTACH]

Jaynie 09-12-2009 05:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, don't know what happened there, but that second pic didn't come through right. Edit wouldn't let me attach, so I'll try reposting it.

Sorry, that didn't seem to work either.

when I tried the download button on the bottom of the pic it came out okay.........????????? don't know why it looks goofy here

Jaynie 09-12-2009 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jaynie
Oops, don't know what happened there, but that second pic didn't come through right. Edit wouldn't let me attach, so I'll try reposting it.

Sorry, that didn't seem to work either.

when I tried the download button on the bottom of the pic it came out okay.........????????? don't know why it looks goofy here

Wow..I hope you all don't think I am crazy, but I promise "when I posted these earlier- that 2nd picture wouldn't come through correctly". It appears okay now. Maybe it was just my computer.

bearpaw 09-12-2009 05:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the only pieced back that I have done.

Some of the backs that were posted look like they should be the front!!

katier825 09-12-2009 06:06 AM

The only thing about piecing backs I don't like is that once the front is done, I'm always anxious to get it assembled. But it's a nice change from the plain backs. Plus I can use up some of my stash and make room for something different. One fabric I bought 8yds of, I still have 3 yds left...I like the fabric, but do get sick of seeing it in multiple projects!

Bevanger 09-12-2009 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
Here is one of mine!

Edited - found another :)

very very pretty

Bevanger 09-12-2009 06:21 AM

wow, all these backs are awesome. I normally just use fleece or flannel, but I'm gonna try piecing a bunch together, to be different

Boston1954 09-12-2009 07:19 AM

They are all scrumpcious (sp). Gives us some new ideas. I think it would be great to do a larger version of the block from the front.

I WAS going to use the term backsides when I started this post, but did not want to get my little hand slapped. ha ha.

keep them coming. I like seeing your creativity.

thismomquilts 09-12-2009 02:19 PM

I love all these pieced backs... I love doing this too. Usually use the leftovers from the front.