Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm about bordered out (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-about-bordered-out-t21425.html)

Mamagus 06-18-2009 04:26 PM

yeah... the second border would finish it!

pittsburgpam 06-18-2009 05:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sandpat

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I'm sure you could be trusted to send it back! :D

I'll do the other border when I get up the energy and desire to do it.

I order the fabrics last night to do another one in blue and brown. Then I started playing around with the placement of the pieces. Some interesting possibilities but nothing that wows me yet.

Don't I look very trustworthy to you??? :shock:

So...did you break down and order the C/T's fab? I love that collection. I swear that I'm not going to order more fabric for this month's Visa bill...I almost had a heart attack when I opened my most recent bill :roll: So...I'm just gonna wait and get wowed by yours!! :lol:

Yeah, I got the CT Irristible Indigo 3. A beige background, 3 blues and 2 browns for the star and a brown and a blue for the borders. I just paid bills so I figured I was good to work on next months bills. :lol:

What I love about thumbnail pictures of the fabrics is that I can just right-click on them, save as... and put them into a folder called Fabrics and sub-folders for all the collections I have/want. Then I can import them into EQ6 and use the real fabrics in designs. This is what I plan for the CT fabric. The other 3 are ones I was playing with last night trying to come up with something a little different.

redquilter 06-18-2009 06:03 PM

I think it's a gorgeous quilt either way. It's your quilt - your choice.

mar32428 06-18-2009 08:14 PM

Wow! I love the No Blue Diamonds. My kind of pattern and I love the colors. Any chance of getting the pattern?

k3n 06-19-2009 12:16 AM

I love all three of the new ones but I think my favourite is top left - it's a really strong design. And the dark blue border on No Blue Diamonds is perfect!

key4unc 06-19-2009 01:37 AM

I vote yes on the second border too. I love the fact that you mitered the corners on the borders (no wonder you're sick of doing borders though :lol:) This is an absolutely gorgeous quilt and I think if you don't put the 2nd border on now, you'll regret it later (been there, done that).

Quilt4u 06-19-2009 01:56 AM

Second. Beauitful.

sandpat 06-19-2009 03:40 AM

Wow Pam...I like all of the new designs, but I'll have to say that I like the top right in the first pic, then of course I love No Blue Diamonds! Both of them leave some great quilting room. I've gotten to a point where I like to see plenty of open space on a quilt so there is plenty of room to play with the quilting designs. Whichever you choose is going to be beautiful!

I didn't know that about the fabric pic saving thing..I'll have to see if it works with EQ5. Thanks!

NorthernDeb 06-19-2009 04:37 AM

I agree with the second border ladies... The darkest navy would really be a great accent to the navy points. I wouldnt worry about rushing to finish it... I have a quilt I started in 85 thats still waiting for the final border... havent been in the mood to do it yet :roll:
Your quilt is beautiful!

sewnsewer2 06-19-2009 04:57 AM

It's beautiful!!