Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm so happy about this one! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-so-happy-about-one-t51845.html)

Sheree from Chicago 06-30-2010 08:09 PM

You are a good soul! That was some fast stitching!

Deb G 06-30-2010 08:35 PM

What a wonderful thing you did for this young woman and her baby. She must've been overwhelmed by all the stuff she received.

Sewnique 07-01-2010 09:27 AM

Deedles, your kindness and care with be repaid many times over in other acts of kindness. We need more people like you in the world! I am sure your blessings will be a hundredfold to come. You and your sisters keep up the good work! I couldn't help crying when I read your posting.
Love in Christ, Bootsie

deedles215 07-01-2010 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnique
Deedles, your kindness and care with be repaid many times over in other acts of kindness. We need more people like you in the world! I am sure your blessings will be a hundredfold to come. You and your sisters keep up the good work! I couldn't help crying when I read your posting.
Love in Christ, Bootsie

Oh stop. You guys are making me think this was far more than anyone else would do... and I don't believe that!! I think there are people out there that really don't give a care, but most of everyone else DOES.
Elsa is the kind of girl that would give the shirt off her back... and this was just our way of paying it forward to someone who deserves it. SHE is the one who felt her blessings a hundredfold- or so I hope! We just love her to pieces. :)
Besides, this is the kind of thing that most of us grew up knowing was the 'right' and normal thing to do... not to receiving blessing, but to bestow blessing upon another because you can. And we could, and we did, and I hope it blessed her!

I need to get the shower pictures from the sister that hosted it; once I do I'll post them on here too.

THANK YOU everyone! You all are too kind... I didn't post with the hopes to have so many nice things said.. just wanted to share my first baby quilt (btw, so much easier than a bigger one, lol!!) and the story behind it. :D

wildyard 07-01-2010 05:51 PM

Makes one proud to be part of the world when knowing there are such as you and your sisters and friends in it!! A very welcome change. Bless you all and the new mom and baby!!!

zz-pd 07-02-2010 12:09 AM

that is a beautiful quilt, and you and your sister are very beautiful people for doing that for her. thank you so much for sharing the story and the quilt. May God bless all of you. Penny

Rina 07-02-2010 01:10 AM

What a kind thing to do! It is lovely, and I am sure she and the baby will love it too!!

patsyo56721 07-02-2010 07:17 AM

You will certainly be blest for your kindness. God bless. I am sure he will really enjoy the quilt in his growing up years.

raynhamquilter 07-02-2010 06:28 PM

You have truly shown this girl you work with how loving Americans be. I hear so much on the TV about immigrants that makes them seem "bad". It is wonderful to see your love going out to her and her new baby. Thank God for real loving Americans like you!

wvdek 07-02-2010 07:08 PM

You have a generous and loving spirit. Good for you and your sis.