Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ironing board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ironing-board-t45333.html)

craftybear 05-09-2010 01:50 PM

I have 2 of the old wood ironing boards, found them at flea markets

Pam 05-09-2010 03:05 PM

Looks a lot like mine. I had to pay $2 at an auction and got all 3 ironing boards! I thought it was each, not for all! They sell in flea markets for around $20! Do not PM me, I gave the others away! LOL I KNOW you were thinking about it!

dkabasketlady 05-09-2010 06:26 PM

Great find!!! Lucky you!

Linda B 05-09-2010 09:24 PM

My husband's mother gave him her old ironing board just like yours when he left home for college back in the late 60's. It is the only ironing board we have ever had. My only complaint is that it is too low and my back aches if I have to do a lot of ironing. I think the thing is indistructible!

Born2Sew 05-09-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Linda B
My husband's mother gave him her old ironing board just like yours when he left home for college back in the late 60's. It is the only ironing board we have ever had. My only complaint is that it is too low and my back aches if I have to do a lot of ironing. I think the thing is indistructible!

I too have one of these, it belonged to my great aunt. Wouldn't give it up for anything, but agree it is low. I discovered that it was perfect to sit right beside my sewing machine and I could iron perfectly sitting down. You might try that, really helps the back...

wvdek 05-09-2010 11:13 PM

Nice board.

QuiltingQueen 05-10-2010 03:45 AM

Love it! I bought one at a 'Trash n Treasure' Sale. The lady said it would make a great buffet - thinking she would persuade me to buy it. I told her that it would make a great ironing board!

I just bought a second metal one at our Good Will. I wanted one I could raise higher and put my bid board on... So now I have three! Oh I also have a collection of toy irons!

hazeljane 05-10-2010 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B

That may be why I like it so much. I'm 5'1"!

topper1 05-10-2010 04:37 AM

my sister had vintage wood childs ironing board, i inherited it when she died in March, just brought it home. Hanging on wall in my sewing area. LOve it. great find.

ginnie6 05-10-2010 04:46 AM

ooh I have an old like this out in the storage building that i found when we cleaned out my Grannie's house. It needs some work but wouldn't it go nice with my treadle machine? Since I'm refinishing it I could just go ahead and do the ironing board too! Gonna have to go dig that thing out now.