Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   It's arrived!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/its-arrived-t17748.html)

MollieSue 03-16-2009 06:57 PM

Congratulations!!!!! I'm excited for you and a bit envious.... :mrgreen: lol!!!! :-)

littlehud 03-16-2009 07:02 PM

Ohhh, tell me how you like this machine. I have been looking at it and am considering buying one. I would love your impute.

skacian 03-16-2009 07:08 PM

I bought this same machine a short time ago, and I just love it....has so many convenient features. I have not tried the embroidery, so I am looking forward to hear how you like it.

Up North 03-17-2009 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Ohhh, tell me how you like this machine. I have been looking at it and am considering buying one. I would love your impute.

Well after only 1 day and I had to work today! I so far Love this machine. 4 inches for the embroidery seems to be quite large for now. I have done a place mat and a tee shirt so far and they turned out great!! The only problom I am having is my top thread breaks I am not using expensive thread so that may be the problem and it does use a special bobbin size but found 8 for 3.00 at walmart. You won't regret this one! I got it at Amazon.com and it was less that 400.00 including shipping, ordered it thursday and it arrived on Monday!

anita211 03-19-2009 10:42 AM

I see that it is a Brother, and I already have 2. None of which embroider though. What is the model number on this one? I don't know if I really need a machine that embroiders....

Thanks,
Anita

Up North 03-19-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by anita211
I see that it is a Brother, and I already have 2. None of which embroider though. What is the model number on this one? I don't know if I really need a machine that embroiders....

Thanks,
Anita

The number is SE 350 I an still working on finding the right thread but so far it is a lot of fun. For my birthday I will get the add on so I can download off the internet. AND it sews like a dream! Nice and quiet and real smooth.

anita211 03-19-2009 11:41 AM

I have a CI6000 that I dearly love. It is close to your machine without the embroidery stuff. I love how quiet it is, and how good it really sews. It weighs nothing (I'm used to the old Singer's that weigh a ton), and is a wonder with not having to use the foot pedal, etc.

Enjoy yourself. Have fun. I still have my first machine purchased in 1968. It is the aforementioned Singer.....................

Anita

Crafty1 03-19-2009 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
The number is SE 350 I an still working on finding the right thread but so far it is a lot of fun. For my birthday I will get the add on so I can download off the internet. AND it sews like a dream! Nice and quiet and real smooth.

Hi Up North, I have the same machine and the threads I use are Gutermann, Coats and Clark, both 100% cotton and Maxi Lock serger thread, I know 100% polyester, but I use it sometime to piece only. None of which has broke while sewing. I heard that Sulky thread is also good. Also, when you get the add ons let us know what you think. I haven't gotten those yet, the PED Basic or something like that. Have fun! :lol:

sewnsewer2 03-19-2009 12:00 PM

CONGRATS!! Is this your 1st emb machine or have you embroidered before?

Isacord thread is great to emb with. I can't wait to see what you make. If you need help, Holler. I don't have a Brother, I have a Bernina but I have been embroidering for almost 2 years now.

Up North 03-19-2009 12:12 PM

Does embroidering by hand count? This is my first Embroidery machine and I am learning as I go. So far I am finding my bobbin thread is comming to the top instead of my top thread what am I doing wrong? and also how do I make a space between words when embroidering?