Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   It's here! Pics of my scrap bag. . . (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/its-here-pics-my-scrap-bag-t110750.html)

quiltsRfun 03-25-2011 06:53 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I recently posted that I'd ordered a scrap bag from fabric.com and several of you requested pictures. It was delivered today and I'm thrilled with what I received. There are eleven pieces total. Eight of them are 1 yard pieces, the other three are 1/2 yard. Of the eleven there are two pieces that I can't use. One is a cowboy print. No grandsons of an age that would appreciate it. The other is a red that's a stretch fabric. The description on the website and the invoice say 100% cotton so I'm going to call fabric.com about that one. I'll let you know what happens.

Surprisingly most of the fabrics match up with things I was collecting in my stash. And there was even a batik. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

Here are all 11 pieces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174990[/ATTACH]

Look how well these match some leftover layer cake squares I've been wondering what to do with.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174991[/ATTACH]

I needed just a bit more purple to finish this project.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174992[/ATTACH]

And the pink is perfect for my pink & brown collection.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]174993[/ATTACH]

cheryl rearick 03-25-2011 07:00 PM

I am so glad you posted. I remember when you posted re: your order. I've never done anything like that before. appears you have a great deal. L)

merrylouw 03-25-2011 07:03 PM

Wow! Looks like a great haul! I didn't see your original post--hope you got a good deal.

erstan947 03-25-2011 07:03 PM

I have ordered the scrap bag from them 2 times and have been very pleased with what I received. It's like a Christmas package:)

quiltsRfun 03-25-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by merrylouw
Wow! Looks like a great haul! I didn't see your original post--hope you got a good deal.

$19.95 for a three pound bundle. I got 9-1/2 yards of fabric. That works out to be about $2.10 per yard. Even if I take out the two pieces I can't use that's still only $3.99 per yard. Problem is, now I want to order another one!

debp33 03-25-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Surprisingly most of the fabrics match up with things I was collecting in my stash. And there was even a batik. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think.

Wow, perfect match ups!

sewnsewer2 03-25-2011 07:05 PM

:thumbup:

LAB55 03-25-2011 07:08 PM

Beautiful fabric !! :-)

dutchie 03-25-2011 07:11 PM

I ordered one of these Fabric.com "scrap boxes" too and was tickled pink with the selections. Everything else was good quality, usable fabric. There was a juvenile print included that I wondered what I would ever do with. It came in handy for a child's quilt headed for the Japan relief effort. You just never know!

I'll definitely order this item again!

luvTooQuilt 03-25-2011 07:12 PM

Very nice !!! use the two you wont use and do a PIF... Someone would love it I'm sure..