Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Just a bit of stash..a mini to say thanks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/just-bit-stash-mini-say-thanks-t288987.html)

QuiltE 06-16-2017 02:39 PM

OKSGlad ... what a wonderful friend you had to share with each of you in her downsizing!
Though you did one-up her with your incredible little piece ... a treasure for her to enjoy, indeed.

Would it be safe to assume that this was all from fabrics you received from her?
If so, it will be an even more special memory for her, as she remembers how she used each fabric in her own quilting ventures.

As always, you put a lot of thought into your design and execution, to create an excellent friendship tribute.

oksewglad 06-16-2017 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 7845327)
OKSGlad ... what a wonderful friend you had to share with each of you in her downsizing!
Though you did one-up her with your incredible little piece ... a treasure for her to enjoy, indeed.

Would it be safe to assume that this was all from fabrics you received from her?
If so, it will be an even more special memory for her, as she remembers how she used each fabric in her own quilting ventures.

As always, you put a lot of thought into your design and execution, to create an excellent friendship tribute.

First of all, thanks everyone! I didn't quilt it...enough thread in the piece as is!:D

:wave::wave::wave: QE....I've missed your comments! No it's not from Helen's fabric stash...you know me, I don't like to cut pieces that small just randomly, but I'd rather dig through my precut bin...although the backing fabric is from her. If it wasn't for me joining our local quilt guild, I would have never known her.

QuiltE 06-16-2017 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 7845330)
First of all, thanks everyone! I didn't quilt it...enough thread in the piece as is!:D

:wave::wave::wave: QE....I've missed your comments! No it's not from Helen's fabric stash...you know me, I don't like to cut pieces that small just randomly, but I'd rather dig through my precut bin...although the backing fabric is from her. If it wasn't for me joining our local quilt guild, I would have never known her.

SewGlad to hear from you too! :)
Even if it is not from her stash ... it's still a pretty incredible little piece, that she will have great enjoyment from. How nice you made it versatile, with lots of options for usage, too!
I know you will ENJOY all those additions, and remembering your special friend every time you see and/or use them.

Boston1954 06-16-2017 03:30 PM

Spectacular. I do not know if I could work with pieces that small. I applaud anyone who can. It was sweet of you to do this for your friend.

QUILTNMO 06-16-2017 04:49 PM

very nice!!!!

sushi 06-16-2017 09:15 PM

What a great idea ... and even lovelier execution!

copycat 06-17-2017 02:25 AM

Awesome of her to share and awesome of you to return her kindness with your time and talents!

illinois 06-17-2017 02:51 AM

Love the idea of the magnetic strip! Lots of options for displaying in her new setting.

liking quilting 06-17-2017 03:33 AM

Adorable little mini!

fivepaws 06-17-2017 05:26 AM

The depth in that mini is amazing. Very striking.