Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Keeper of the Family Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/keeper-family-quilts-t89475.html)

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-13-2011 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by JeanDal

Originally Posted by WANNABEE
THe quilts are all beautiful. I love the necktie quilt your mother made. Do you have a picture of the whole quilt? I'd love to see it.

Me too.

it is posted under pics as My Mommas Necktie Quilt .....

Yaharalady 01-13-2011 07:14 PM

WHat treasures. They are lovely. I don't know which is my favorite. Youi are 1 lucky lady.

mayday 01-14-2011 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by WANNABEE
THe quilts are all beautiful. I love the necktie quilt your mother made. Do you have a picture of the whole quilt? I'd love to see it.

me too.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-14-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by okie quilter
you have some beautiful quilts. i inherited several of my mom's quilt tops she made and stored in an old tattered pillowcase. i had them long armed and gave one to each of my three sisters. it cost several hundred dollars and took me a long time to bind them due to scalloped edges. the tops were double wedding ring. the small pattern pieces... hand cut scraps, hand stitched, just precious. i wonder about all the things she must have contemplated while sitting in 'her chair' stitching. i miss her. it is doubtful they have any concept of what they have received. i live in south central oklahoma. do you live close?

hey hello Okie girl like me ..... I live down around Altus and I love it .... we are looking at a new house and it could be fun to move ......lol .... do you live down by Lawton send me a Private message if you like ok

passionpiecer 01-14-2011 02:10 PM

What a beautiful quilt cabinet!! Can you all give me some inexpensive ideas on where to store my quilts when i finish them? I have given away 4 quilts but have 7 more to get quilted and now that I have sorta learned to long-arm quilt, I want somewhere to show off my labors of love.. thanks for any suggestions and ideas.

cmagee84 01-14-2011 02:21 PM

Beautiful quilts! Lucky you for getting to be the keeper. I have a quilt case like that and love it. I think it is a shame when a quilt lives its life in a closet.

cmagee84 01-14-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin

Originally Posted by Mundy
may I ask where did you get the chest to store these in I love them all thanks you

got it at the quilt show in Oklahoma City from a very nice vendor .... I am going this weekend to the show will look for him and post on the board where he is .... will try to help you guys out ......

I got mine from a vendor here in NC. If you want, I can probably locate his name and number. I know he is going to be at a show this month in Statesville, NC

cmagee84 01-14-2011 02:24 PM

Oh, I have also seen them online. Just google "glass quilt case" and some should come up.

Sorry for the repeated posts.:(

MISHNJIM 01-14-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by cmagee84

Originally Posted by Crazy Quiltin Robin

Originally Posted by Mundy
may I ask where did you get the chest to store these in I love them all thanks you

got it at the quilt show in Oklahoma City from a very nice vendor .... I am going this weekend to the show will look for him and post on the board where he is .... will try to help you guys out ......

I got mine from a vendor here in NC. If you want, I can probably locate his name and number. I know he is going to be at a show this month in Statesville, NC

I was thinking about going to that show in Statesville too. I was wondering how far away it is from me. You think he's gonna be there? I want that cabinet SOOOOO BADDDD!!!

Crazy Quiltin Robin 01-14-2011 06:47 PM

they have some different kinds at our local farm store Attwoods they are darker but very nice too...........