Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Kindle Covers while procrastinating the star quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/kindle-covers-while-procrastinating-star-quilt-t161371.html)

Grandma58 10-18-2011 04:34 PM

Tomorrow I will start so when you are done with yours I want to see a pic!

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Cute! And I know exactly what you mean by making a lot of little stuff to put off making the 'big' project. I have been doing it myself lately, but have finally started drawing out the BIG ONE haha, and have it on my design wall to make me get serious about starting it....Get on it girl, can't wait to see it:)

morelcabin 10-18-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma58

Cute! And I know exactly what you mean by making a lot of little stuff to put off making the 'big' project. I have been doing it myself lately, but have finally started drawing out the BIG ONE haha, and have it on my design wall to make me get serious about starting it....Get on it girl, can't wait to see it:)

Well i got a good start on it today, finally...I was a little lost on where to start, but once i get rolling it just all seems to come...so it should be in a couple of weeks or so

NauDeeGal 10-18-2011 06:05 PM

This is a great idea. Do you line them with flannel or cotton?

Grandma58 10-18-2011 06:17 PM

I line then with silky soft drapery fabric stabilized with woven interfacing. I think the inside should be very soft to protect the kindle, nook, or e-reader surface. I think flannel would be good and that bamboo fabric - or minky fur.

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal

Greenheron 10-18-2011 06:18 PM

Very handsome cases.

Grandma58 10-18-2011 06:20 PM

Now I feel pressure - I like how the act of beginning just brings it all together. I only have to eliminate colors. I will most likely end up doing 3 or 4 quilts instead of 1 which is part of my procrastination.

Well i got a good start on it today, finally...I was a little lost on where to start, but once i get rolling it just all seems to come...so it should be in a couple of weeks or so

ging10ging 10-18-2011 06:28 PM

Neat and just the right size. Sue

NauDeeGal 10-19-2011 01:33 AM

I line then with silky soft drapery fabric stabilized with woven interfacing. I think the inside should be very soft to protect the kindle, nook, or e-reader surface. I think flannel would be good and that bamboo fabric - or minky fur.

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal

That is what I was thinking that the inside would have to help protect the screen. Yours are very pretty too.

BMP 10-19-2011 04:29 AM

This just gave me an idea. My sons GF just got one for her Bday and I am stumped what to get her this would be a great idea, how big does it need to be ?????

texas8823 10-19-2011 05:00 AM

Wow. I love those.