Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Let's see what you are working on! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lets-see-what-you-working-t312658.html)

Watson 09-30-2020 01:13 PM

Let's see what you are working on!

1 Attachment(s)
I'd love to see some works-in-progress. I'll start...
This is going to be a wallhanging for the computer area which faces the kitchen. It will be three more blocks, to make it square. I am using the Strips and Curves technique of making a whole piece of cloth out of 1 1/2" strips and then cutting some of my shapes out of that.
I told a friend I was making a purple, turquoise and lime green quilt and she looked at me and said "You're going to do what?!" https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/eek.png

So, come on, show us your works in progress!

Watson

Tartan 09-30-2020 01:37 PM

Lovely Watson! I would if I could post pictures.😢

rryder 09-30-2020 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's fantastic, Watson-- love the colors and the design.

Here's something I've been working on for months, I'm now doing some quilting in the borders which aren't shown in this photo, but it's slow going. The butterfly is thread painted and then I stuffed a couple of inches of wool batting under it and quilted it to the backing. I've added a lot of thread painting to the areas behind the butterfly so that they are more veiled, just a suggestion that there's something there. I'd hoped to have it finished this month, but it's going to be sometime in October before I've got it done.

Rob

EmiliasNana 09-30-2020 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm finally starting to quilt our grandson's two sided quilt: Dr. Who Tartis and Apollo 11. It won't let me add a thumbnail. Love your color combinations Watson.
Attachment 628244
Thanks rryder

rryder 09-30-2020 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by EmiliasNana (Post 8421614)
I'm finally quilting my grandson's two sided quilt: Dr. Who Tartis and Apollo 11. Not sure how to post a picture on a reply as the paper clip icon isn't visible unless I am starting a thread. Love the start of your quilt and your color combinations.

EmiliasNana- click on quick reply. then look below the box that you are going to type your reply in. There will be two buttons there, one says "post quick reply" and the other says "Go Advanced". Click on the button that says "go advanced" . Then the paperclip icon will show up.

Rob

Watson 09-30-2020 01:46 PM

Holy smokes, Rob! That's gorgeous!

Watson

SusieQOH 09-30-2020 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Watson and Rob, I'm gobsmacked!!! :)

Here is my latest for my sweet little granddaughter. We're a cat crazy family. It's called Scaredy Cat.

GingerK 09-30-2020 03:07 PM

The year of the Covid Quilts

3 Attachment(s)
I decided that all my family members needed a new quilt. My youngest DGD's Fancy Foxes is quilted (by me using a friend's longarm. Not perfect in any way, shape or form!!! but I had a lot of fun) and just needs binding. Her birthday is tomorrow and we are hoping to see them for a Canadian Thanksgiving dinner in 10 days. If all goes well, I will give it to her then.

String quilt for DD and SIL. Top is finished but I won't attempt to quilt this one myself. Just too big!!

Oldest DGD's birthday is in January. She is a tween and I took inspiration from Emeliasnana's lovely 'Beautiful' quilt for her DGD. Hailey has had a lot of input on this and I think she really appreciated my asking for her assistance. The top two rows (under the pillows) are log cabin diamonds. The row of stars will actually be at foot end--just there to remind me of width. All scraps except for her name and the constant background.

Rhonda K 09-30-2020 03:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Great projects and a great question. Looks like everyone has some beautiful and creative ideas under the needle.

Here is my little project. Right now, only the "b" and the first "o" done because of interruptions. I still need to make the last "o". It has monster eyes so I'll add the colored ones on the table.

Middle picture will become a bag for halloween hunt for DGSon.

Last picture will be dino pillow cases. The bones and white are glow in the dark.

sewbizgirl 09-30-2020 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Everything looks great, my quilting friends! This is what I am working on. It's a quilt top in the Round Robin exchange. I need to put another three sides of the zig zag on it, and my part will be done.