Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Look What I Found at a Garage Sale This Morning! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/look-what-i-found-garage-sale-morning-t22640.html)

butterflywing 07-11-2009 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Well thanks guys for all the comments. I have decided to sell them because I just don't have the time to finish them anytime in the near future. I hate for things like this to just sit in a box and get in bad shape so I would rather see someone finish them. If my mother or grandmother made them there would be no way I could sell them. I would make time to finish them! You guys will choke when I tell you this and maybe I shouldn't but I gave 2.00 for them! Would you have sold your grandmothers work for 2.00!!??? I think not!

are you selling at auction at ebay? when will you put them up? we want to know.

marsye 07-11-2009 04:29 PM

I didn't think I was allowed to say here. I'll get accused of advertising won't I? :(

butterflywing 07-11-2009 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
I didn't think I was allowed to say here. I'll get accused of advertising won't I? :(

pm me.

pocoellie 07-11-2009 06:47 PM

What a great buy!!

kwhite 07-11-2009 06:56 PM

I am glad you bought them. They should go to a true quilt lover. Even if it isn't you that uses them you will make sure they go to a deserving soul.

Teacup 07-11-2009 08:20 PM

I have a Sunbonnet Sue quilt that is one of my greatest treasures. My dear grandmother did it as a friendship quilt with members of her Sunday School class and neighbors about 1933 or so. Each woman embroidered her name on the block...one quilt in the corner, the other as streamer ribbons coming off the blocks. I remember some of those women from my childhood and have a group snapshot of my grandmother with some of them. Even more special is that my mother made a block (she was 10 and never quilted again) and my aunt, who was 9 then, also made a block. It has those great 30s prints and is beautifully hand quilted by my grandmother. My aunt is still alive and has one and I got the other. My mother is gone and I wouldn't sell this quilt at any price. I love family quilts. I'm blessed to have 4.

Bevanger 07-12-2009 05:41 AM

Ohhhhhhh man. You scored big time. They are so pretty.

sew4fun 07-12-2009 07:55 AM

Wow, almost makes me want to go to garage sales. I am not a fan of them and hardly ever go unless I see in the ad that they have fabric or sewing items.

marsye 07-12-2009 08:23 AM

Your missing out! :-o We furnished alot of our house from garage sales. I found a Thomas Kinkade framed print for 10.00 last year that is beautiful and hangs over my couch. The original price a few years ago was over 300.00, I don't know what it would sell for now.....but it ain't for sale. :P

Originally Posted by sew4fun
Wow, almost makes me want to go to garage sales. I am not a fan of them and hardly ever go unless I see in the ad that they have fabric or sewing items.

deedum 07-12-2009 07:36 PM

Please make sure they go to a good home, someone who will appreciate them and honor all our grandmother's. Think of the time and effort her hands and heart put into those little girls. Yep, it is such a treasure of a find!