Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Look What I Got From K3n!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/look-what-i-got-k3n-t35214.html)

Rhonda 01-26-2010 07:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I got a squishie in the mail today from K!! I love the tiny templates and the 4" squares!!

Thank you K for thinking of me! I love the patterns in the squares! I tend to get stuck in a rut and these are just what I need to try out some lighter colors and the patterns are great!

I hadn't realized the templates were that small!! They will be fun to play with!

I got a big bang out of the French stamps! I used to collect stamps and had some my aunt used to send me when they lived in Russia and traveled all over Europe. My uncle was a foreign correspondent then for a Balltimore MD newspaper and he followed Kissinger all over. So they were in a lot of differant countries while they were there.
But I had a Sister inlaw who decided to take them with her when they moved to Colorado years ago. I never had the umpf to start collecting again. I lost a valuable collection and irreplacable stamps so I was down about it for along time.

These are really great! I have always had a love of languages and love to see French and Spanish(the two I studied) I may have to start collecting again!

My gorgeous 4" squares!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39901[/ATTACH]

My tiny hexagon templates!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58048[/ATTACH]

French stamps-- I just love them!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]58049[/ATTACH]

adriansmom 01-26-2010 07:35 PM

Wonderful!! love the fabrics and the stamps!! Looney Toons are so cool!!

sawsan 01-26-2010 08:07 PM

Wonderful, what r u going to give back?

Rhonda 01-26-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by sawsan
Wonderful, what r u going to give back?

Well this all started when I sent her some fabric for her OBWs aand challenged her to make a mini OBW Then she asked me to vote on a name for her OBW and I chose One Block Woofers(the one she did with dogs in it) for her quilt. Then she made a surprise OBW (mini) for me(My own little One Block Woofer) and sent it. I posted it on here somewhere. Then I sent her a mini keychain/Christmas Ornament. Now she has sent me the templates she saw in Holland and we had talked about a few months ago and the fabric sq's. So I don't know where I am going with this yet! LOL We shall have to see!!! Stay tuned!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tlrnhi 01-26-2010 09:18 PM

How cute!
Gotta love things like that!

k3n 01-27-2010 02:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Glad you like the fabric R, and those hexs are teeny, told you! I've been working on a piece off and on for a while now, using my teeny scraps. I work on it all evening then hold it up to show Hans and he says 'it's still the same size as it was before!' :shock: The lady in the shop where I bought them (in Holland) is working on a queen size in them!!! :shock: I'm aiming more modestly, for a cushion cover! :lol:

BTW - without wanting to offend or upset anyone, I don't like the idea of getting into a cycle where if someone sends us something, we have to send something back. There are many generous ppl on this board and I've been lucky enough to be on the receiving end of that generosity myself. I've also sent here and there as the spirit has moved me. I just hope that we all send only because we want to and that there is no feeling of obligation. Sorry to get heavy. :-D

Rhonda is our Miniature Queen or does Queen of Miniatures sound better? :mrgreen: So these little hexs had her name written all over them. :-D

Anyway, here's a pic of mine so far. :-D

Quilt4u 01-27-2010 02:59 AM

Very nice.

reneebobby 01-27-2010 03:43 AM

Oh my goodness.

Ninnie 01-27-2010 04:17 AM

Wow, that hexagon is tiny I know it is right up your ally!

BKinCO 01-27-2010 04:31 AM

Wow! How neat!!! Those hex's are tiny!!! Looks like a lot of (fun) work :)