Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   LOOKIE WHAT DAVID MADE ME (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/lookie-what-david-made-me-t18604.html)

Bevanger 04-07-2009 05:11 AM

i told David everyone liked them.

Mousie 04-07-2009 10:37 AM

handsome and talented...and he has you for a mom. Everybody wins!!! woo hoo! :D

Bevanger 04-07-2009 11:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
handsome and talented...and he has you for a mom. Everybody wins!!! woo hoo! :D

Heres my baby with his the quilt I made him for Xmas

dairybooks 04-08-2009 05:56 AM

I have a stack of old records and would love to know how he did that! It is awesome! Thank you!

Sandy

Mplsgirl 04-08-2009 06:10 AM

What a great idea!

Feathers 04-08-2009 06:53 AM

Bev, your son's quilt is wonderful. I love red, white and black and yours is stunning.

Like someone else said, the bowls made from records takes me back 55 or 60 years! We use to do that to records and give them as gifts just like someone else said...we glued our school picture on the bottom of the bowl where the hole is in the record then the teacher had some decoupage stuff (probably just Elmer's glue cut down with a bit of water as "decoupage" hadn't been invented yet) :lol: As I recall, we softened the records up by putting them in a low, low oven sitting on top of a glass bowl or milk jug. When vinyl record got warm it could be easily shaped into a deep or shallow bowl. They were very SPECIAL "I love you" presents to our mom's and grandmas. Hadn't thought of these in half a century...thanks for the trip down Memory Lane. Bless your son for being so thoughtful and nice. He wouldn't be that way if you hadn't been a super mom to him.

bearpaw 04-08-2009 08:25 AM

How sweet! Very cool idea!

RedGarnet222 04-08-2009 11:22 AM

How fun bev! What a nice kid.

Bevanger 04-08-2009 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Bev, your son's quilt is wonderful. I love red, white and black and yours is stunning.

Like someone else said, the bowls made from records takes me back 55 or 60 years! We use to do that to records and give them as gifts just like someone else said...we glued our school picture on the bottom of the bowl where the hole is in the record then the teacher had some decoupage stuff (probably just Elmer's glue cut down with a bit of water as "decoupage" hadn't been invented yet) :lol: As I recall, we softened the records up by putting them in a low, low oven sitting on top of a glass bowl or milk jug. When vinyl record got warm it could be easily shaped into a deep or shallow bowl. They were very SPECIAL "I love you" presents to our mom's and grandmas. Hadn't thought of these in half a century...thanks for the trip down Memory Lane. Bless your son for being so thoughtful and nice. He wouldn't be that way if you hadn't been a super mom to him.

Awwwwwww Thanks hun. That sure made my day

dairybooks 04-10-2009 03:30 AM

Tanks, Feathers! I'm going to try that.
Sandy