Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Looking for advice and your opinion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/looking-advice-your-opinion-t65847.html)

Dee 09-24-2010 07:56 PM

I would go with the bright one with wording.

Grandma Cindy 09-26-2010 08:28 PM

multi-colored with sayings seems to be made for it...

JCL in FL 09-27-2010 07:51 AM

That does look like a real project. It's beautiful and all of the choices you have for the border would look fine. I'd do the small black first and then go with the fabric you like the best. I'm not big on two sided quilts but mainly because I hand quilt and the quilting doesn't make any sense on the back and once I'm finished with the front, my mind says enough and I do pretty simple backs. If I'm doing a lot of feather quilting on the front I prefer a plain muslin back so I can see the quilting when I turn it over. I guess because it takes so long to complete a hand quilted piece I want to be able to appreciate the work and it shows up better on a plain fabric. You are going to treasure that quilt and all the hard work you put into it.

gollytwo 09-27-2010 08:06 AM

I'd do the narrow black border, but narrower, cut either 3/4" or 1"
And then the multicolored with the colours from the quilt itself - no wider than 3/4s of the block size.
I think adding anything with words, designs etc will detract from the beauty of the actual quilt.
Good luck
Let us know what you do
Post a finished picture with some ID that we'd recognize

Deb G 09-29-2010 09:01 PM

I like the peace sign border.
Lovely quilt.

omak 10-10-2010 03:04 PM

So! Did you get it finished???
If you are still thinking, might I suggest that the borders that make your quilt a "queen-sized" quilt can be up to 20" wide, since this is the part that hangs over the bed (at least that is what Eleanor Burns says ...) ...
I am betting that when it is all said and done, it will be a bit like giving birth ... a pain in the neck while going through it, but so proud of the results, you will jump into your next quilt faster than ever! <wave>

Lori L 10-18-2010 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The border with the sayings was my daughter's clear cut winner. Now the argument is about the backing, which finally was won out with fleece. I can't remember if I posted a picture of the finished quilt top so here it is. Just need to add backing/bind and hand this baby over. Thank you everyone for your compliments.....from this group it means so much! For those of you who think I'll be moving onto something tougher :) think again......I'm going with peaceful/serene colors and quick/zip sewing!

Not sure what the white blur on the left is, must be my flash
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102330[/ATTACH]

omak 10-21-2010 10:19 AM

Well done! <wave>

grendelskin 10-21-2010 10:38 AM

Wow and wow again! You did a fabulous job.

silvam 03-07-2011 10:34 AM

there is a flow with the peace border