Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Made a Quick Little Trip Through the Scrap Heap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/made-quick-little-trip-through-scrap-heap-t175369.html)

Maggiemay 01-12-2012 04:48 PM

I loved the baby clothes sailboat quilt & I love this one too!

SittingPretty 01-12-2012 04:48 PM

That is so cute, and I bet it is really snuggly.

BuzzinBumble 01-12-2012 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by paulettepoe (Post 4867846)
Are you kidding me? How do you people do this? I saw the sweet sailboat quilt, and now you have done this one in a flash. I am slow is all I know. I am sitting here today waiting to hear what kind of twins my niece is having so I can get their quilts done by the time they are born in June. All I can think of....is you must have a quilting fairy.
this is a gorgeous little quilt, I love it.

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm (Post 4868092)
I know, right? I take forever to finish a quilt too so these posts of quick little quilts just floor me.

This is a lovely little quilt - I want to snuggle right into it and stay a good long while! Great way to use up scraps and you got to test out a new technique to boot - win/win there! Is there a little one designated to receive your adorable quilt? Whoever they are, they are lucky!

Thank you everybody for all the nice things you've written! I should answer a couple of points brought up:

Paulette and Mad Mimm (Sheila) - it looks like my post was unintentionally misleading...:o Eleanor Burns might call it a Quick Trip, but it took me about a week. A pretty good quilter could have done it over a weekend I think, but I'm fairly slow at things. So no it wasn't speedy, but it was great to make a cuddly and educational little quilt out of scraps.
Paulette & Maggie, thanks for the sweet words about the sailboat quilt. I too will be making baby quilts until about June. And Sheila, we have a few new little ones in the family this year, so i haven't decided who to give it to yet. By the way, I shared your quote about chocolate with the gals in our family this Christmas and everyone wanted to adopt it as their own motto. :D

debcavan 01-12-2012 05:13 PM

That is so pretty. I love the saten binding

hockeymom444 01-12-2012 05:57 PM

what a sweet quilt!

nwm50 01-12-2012 06:13 PM

after seeing this lovely quilt, i'd be tempted to get that book and try it myself.

chermitch 01-12-2012 06:21 PM

Great use of scraps!!!!Don't you just love it!!!I like the way you have quilted the border!!!

blueangel 01-12-2012 07:35 PM

Very pretty.

joellenc 01-12-2012 08:08 PM

Wow! You are amazing! I love this quilt!

audsgirl 01-12-2012 11:19 PM

What a fantastic quilt! So many little squares. And the Minkee you put on the back is gorgeous. How can you go wrong with polka dots? And you used the satin binding again. It just calls someone to cuddle with it.