Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Man did I mess up!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/man-did-i-mess-up-t65912.html)

Quiltforme 09-20-2010 08:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok I finished all my 27 log cabing patriotic blocks I am very happy with them. I am using a pattern I found in a country book and well lets just say I have no idea how I messed this up but really need your help. As you can tell by the pictures the houses and the flag are about an 2 inches short. My seem allowance thing did not move but how did I end up with 8" log cabins and 7" houses/flag. Ok no worries you guys are amazing at fixing things right I just know you will have the answer because I cannot think straight right now.

My very cool logcabin and houses/flags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]103833[/ATTACH]

purplefiend 09-20-2010 08:56 PM

Add spacer strips between the ones that don't fit.

earthwalker 09-20-2010 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Add spacer strips between the ones that don't fit.

I agree...it will also define the houses...besides that little fixable glitch...it looks fantastic!

Colbaltjars62 09-20-2010 09:02 PM

OK now take a deep breath.... don't forget to exhale though :wink:
Walk away from it for the night and tomorrow everything will look clearer.
You mentioned the seam allowances, hmmm could that be it? Do you still have leftover fabric from the houses? If so can you add a row to them? Maybe? :?
It will be ok. Your a smart cookie and I think with some rest you'll figure it out.
Faith :XD:

amma 09-20-2010 09:17 PM

Add a small strip on to the ends of the house strip, no one will know it wasn't part of the original design :wink:

Pickles 09-20-2010 09:19 PM

I would add just enough spacer strips say between a couple of the houses and that should fix the difference. It is a lovely
pattern . :D :thumbup:

Lostn51 09-20-2010 09:30 PM

I agree add the spacer strips to the houses, I think it will give them definition and will help with the shortage. You know what they say about mistakes......Some of the best things in the world has come from them.

Billy

Fabriholic 09-20-2010 09:51 PM

It appears to me that the 2 bottom widths (rows 5 & 6) are about 3 strips wider than a couple rows above.
The row with houses - row 4 - looks to be lacking 3 strips on the right and 1 on the left.
Then rows 3 and 2 look to be lacking 2 strips on the right side and
Row 1 looks like it's missing 3 strips on the right.

Is that what's going on here? Are your strips all the same width? Is it 2 inches?
DIane

Sadiemae 09-20-2010 10:09 PM

It will be beautiful! Just add what you need to, kind of design your own.

Quiltforme 09-20-2010 10:57 PM

It is an optical illusion I double checked them all they are all 8"s squared. I have decided I am going to design a town house to put into the middle we will see how that works will sew again tomorrow to late tonight!!

Originally Posted by Fabriholic
It appears to me that the 2 bottom widths (rows 5 & 6) are about 3 strips wider than a couple rows above.
The row with houses - row 4 - looks to be lacking 3 strips on the right and 1 on the left.
Then rows 3 and 2 look to be lacking 2 strips on the right side and
Row 1 looks like it's missing 3 strips on the right.

Is that what's going on here? Are your strips all the same width? Is it 2 inches?
DIane