Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   McFr♥sty ... the Scottish Snowman!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mcfrsty-scottish-snowman-t237707.html)

QuiltE 12-30-2013 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6481840)
I knew I've seen his brother before :D You did a great job on Frosty 2! How did you do the silver metallic thread?
Your snowballs FMQ is great!

I just did it as regular machine stitched quilting.
Had some "technical difficulty" in the thread to run thru right, and not fray and break.
A trip to my sewing machine store for a "how to" lesson solved that.
However, I stayed there til I had it done. Just In Case ... as I didn't want to get home and be back into problems with it. :D

All ... Thanks! for all your positive comments and notations of this year's model!
As SouthPStitches said ... I had a "ball" creating him!
Do you think that OKSGlad left out any of the updates? Thanks ... you are always "sharp" in seeing the whole picture! :)

KathyT. ... yes, mine just might see a sister join the family!

You can help create 3!! ...
Please help make "my" Fr♥sty or Fr♥stina by leaving your suggestions!
I see this one being a more elegant version ... maybe a taffeta and/or velvet scarf and/or hat?
I've started to build it on my portable design wall with fabrics and paper cut outs, but not a lot of clarity as to "what" at this point.

JeanieG 12-30-2013 12:06 PM

You outdid yourself on this one QuiltE! Wonderful! Where did you get the pattern, or did you just improvise? I might have to make them for my sibling exchange next year??? They loved the lighted Christmas Trees! Was this a lot of work?

leatheflea 12-30-2013 12:23 PM

Cute snowman, I think I need one!

SewExtremeSeams 12-30-2013 12:35 PM

Very, very cute!

mirabelle 12-30-2013 12:35 PM

Very cute, love the Scottish touch on this one, perfect job on the quilting:thumbup:

QuiltE 12-30-2013 01:23 PM

JeanieG ... you know me well enough, a LOT of improvisation!! :) The first challenge was finding the "right" fabric. The most work was the snowball quilting ... very time consuming. A few practice sessions too get in the "groove" and then I just had to keep my wits about me!! I really hated to part with him but I do know he has a good home!

MiraB ... coming from the Mistress of Quilting, I am absolutely thrilled with your compliment! :) The tartan was leftovers from a housecoat I made a few years ago. You really do need to come and experience SNOW IRL! :)

works4me 12-30-2013 01:36 PM

So very frosty-liscious! Wonderful work.

A female should have ruby red lips, don't you think? And eyelashes. Maybe she could even be winking. :)

LadyElisabeth 12-30-2013 01:48 PM

That is the cutest snowman! The fabric is perfect for it

QuiltE 12-30-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 6482390)
So very frosty-liscious! Wonderful work.

A female should have ruby red lips, don't you think? And eyelashes. Maybe she could even be winking. :)

Love it ... Fr♥sty-liscious! It might even become the name for #3 in the family!
You always have great ideas for unique touches ;) ......... I think your bird(s) just might show up this time round!

Diane007 12-30-2013 02:04 PM

very creative...... nice