Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Memory Qult Finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/memory-qult-finished-t58916.html)

waquilter 08-14-2010 12:04 PM

Lovely. What a loving tribute to your mom. I lost mine 19 years ago.

Ramona Byrd 08-14-2010 04:23 PM

These are lovely, and will keep her memory alive for several
more generations.

I've wanted to do things like this, but have no one around here
to question how long the printing job will last, and how many
washings it will take before fading out.

You did an excellent job on these quilts, and your family should
be grateful for all your hard work. Congratulations on having such a loved Mother, she must have been a good woman to have such loving children.

rwquilts 08-14-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
These are lovely, and will keep her memory alive for several
more generations.

I've wanted to do things like this, but have no one around here
to question how long the printing job will last, and how many
washings it will take before fading out.

You did an excellent job on these quilts, and your family should
be grateful for all your hard work. Congratulations on having such a loved Mother, she must have been a good woman to have such loving children.

Thank you! She was a good mom, and since daddy had passed many, many years prior, it seemed like the time to combine pictures of both mom and dad.

Regards washing and fading...really, even though you use treated fabric and such, I wouldn't recommend washing but rarely, and you must keep it out of direct sunlight always. It's not a project to be crazy with and get tons of wear and tear...more for looking at and even hanging on a wall out of sunlight, or draped on a bed...you can always come to the quilting board to ask questions...

Jim's Gem 08-19-2010 04:07 PM

Beautiful!

twyla 08-19-2010 04:37 PM

What a wonderful keepsake!

lallyann 08-19-2010 04:43 PM

WOW! that is an amazing tribute! beautiful quilt full of beautiful memories

DeEtta 08-19-2010 04:59 PM

What a beautiful keepsake! I know your brother and sister will feel blessed.

Lady-T 08-20-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by rwquilts
My mom passed away last year after a very good life of 91 years...as a process of healing I took on the project of making a memory quilt for both my sister and my brother. The quilt below if for my brother. I spent a great deal of time on treating the fabrics and making it possible to use my computer t print scanned pictures. I also made background fabrics in a collage style that I also used. Just thought I'd share!

Fabulous job! Love the piecing between photos!
Truly a treasured keepsake!

rootyr 08-20-2010 06:59 AM

Lovely!

sfire55 09-25-2010 09:53 AM

what can anyone say, your quilt is so beautiful! Exactly what i want to make about my baby grandaughter for my daughter, but i have never made a quilt, so it will be a challenge. i think the sorting of the clothing will be the hardest part. kathy