Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Merry, Pics of my embellished applique (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/merry-pics-my-embellished-applique-t151929.html)

Highmtn 09-14-2011 06:42 AM

Sarah CA...

It's driven me crazy that I don't have ONE MEMORY of what happened to those jeans...LOL It was back in the 70's... I couldn't s-h-i-m-m-y my buns into those jeans if my life depended on it now...LOL But.. it would be fun to see them again. I did a few wild projects back in those days and I sure wish I had kept them.

KastleKitty 09-14-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Highmtn
Sarah CA...

It's driven me crazy that I don't have ONE MEMORY of what happened to those jeans...LOL It was back in the 70's... I couldn't s-h-i-m-m-y my buns into those jeans if my life depended on it now...LOL But.. it would be fun to see them again. I did a few wild projects back in those days and I sure wish I had kept them.

I had a pair of shorty short jeans onto which I embroidered an apple. Not a very good job either! But I saved them for years waiting to fit back into them. Finally gave up and threw them away! LOL It got to be too disappointing seeing them in the drawer without a chance of being worn!

heather1949 10-13-2011 02:20 AM

Wow they are ll beautiful.

Highmtn 10-13-2011 04:24 AM

Just checking.. have I missed the tutorial yet? I've been AFK for a bit.

timepasser 10-13-2011 06:50 AM

Absolutely stunning

KastleKitty 10-13-2011 07:13 AM

Highmtn, I am sorry that I am so slow, but I have been stuck in bed for a week. I have the fern over half done and have some done on the dandelion. I have also been requested to show how I made a sewing kit - a reuse project, so I am working on 3 at the same time, and I am working on a birthday gift for an early November birthday, a man's vest that has miniature work in it. I will post on this topic when I finish. I am sorry that I am not any faster. But I have not forgotten about you. Thanks for your patience.

PS: I am looking at your avatar and it is beautiful! Can you tell me about it and post a larger picture? It looks like YoYos. I have a thing for them! Kitty :-D

Mad Mimm 10-13-2011 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree!!!

Highmtn 10-13-2011 06:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by KastleKitty

Highmtn, I am sorry that I am so slow, but I have been stuck in bed for a week. I have the fern over half done and have some done on the dandelion. I have also been requested to show how I made a sewing kit - a reuse project, so I am working on 3 at the same time, and I am working on a birthday gift for an early November birthday, a man's vest that has miniature work in it. I will post on this topic when I finish. I am sorry that I am not any faster. But I have not forgotten about you. Thanks for your patience.

PS: I am looking at your avatar and it is beautiful! Can you tell me about it and post a larger picture? It looks like YoYos. I have a thing for them! Kitty :-D

Kitty!!
NOOOO NOOOOOO NOOOOO....
PLEASE DO NOT APOLOGIZE! I just got worried I had missed your tutorial, and I learned many moons ago that ALLLLLLLL good things are WORTH WAITING FOR!!! Sorry you've been down for a week. I messed my back up about a week ago too.... I SO DON'T HAVE TIME TO BE GIMPED OUT! I started a new job 6 weeks ago, completed my PCC, and a lap warmer quilt I had made for the local United Way fund drive ....and.. just finished painting 3 Halloween pumpkins with 2 more to go. Not too easy when bending over makes me omit little yelping noises like I'm suffering from Tourette's Syndrome...LOL My Chiropractor just recently retired.. I am a woman without a "bone cruncher" and I need to gut up to find a new one.

My AV was the results of a "Paint Chip Challenge" our quilt group did (with the projects due on Oct 1st). Not only did we follow the standard PCC rules we tossed a twist in which was you had to use ONE technique you'd never used before. Surprisingly, I have made it to a RIPE old age (59) and had NEVER made a yo-yo before..LOL I had to go on YOUTUBE to SEE how it was done. The name of my piece was "Primitive Posies", and when I got it done I had at it with jewelry findings from my jewelry kit.

Ok... as you asked here's the photos of my PCC projects. After I got the base items sewn on (yo-yos etc) I used Swarovski crystals and various jewelry findings to schnazzy it up. I am still contemplating putting some brass colored paint on the center of the solid white daisies. I should have done that BEFORE I sewed them on... live and learn.

My skill level pales in comparison to yours. I'm just guessing about proper attachment of the embellishments. I've taken several quilt classes, but I'm all self taught when it comes to adding bling and glitz. Embellishing fascinates me... THAT'S the direction I want to go.

Also... the PCC projects are 9" x 12"... so.. not very big. It IS sewn square... it was just a bad photo...lol

Get well.....and don't feel pushed by me about your tutorials. I'm watching this thread.. so.. hopefully you'll let us know when you pop them into a new thread.

Hugs...

Felicia

Grambi 10-13-2011 07:07 PM

Highmtn, I love your primitive yo-yo piece. I've never heard of a Paint Chip Challenge. Where might I find the official rules? I'm also watching this thread for the tutorial. I can't get over Kastlekitty's wonderful embellished applique!

QuiltingJaguar 10-13-2011 07:13 PM

I think your having too much fun. Your work is so interesting and beautiful. You put those overseas workers to shame..
Now what do you do with all of these give for gifts??