Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Mom's Placemats (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/moms-placemats-t142461.html)

mltquilt 08-04-2011 04:07 AM

They look great.

mltquilt

CherryPie 08-04-2011 04:29 AM

[quote=hannajo]I like it! Out of curiosity, did you use regular batting? I'm working on place mats myself.

Hannajo....I just used a thin polyester batting as I didn't want them to be too thick.

I want to thank everyone for their compliments and encouragement. I just see all the beautiful work that everyone on this board does and I hope someday that I'm half as good. I know...practice, practice, practice.

:lol: :lol:

Sassylass 08-04-2011 04:34 AM

Those are beautiful!!! I would gladly use them, blue being my favorite colour!! You did a great job!!
Love your dog too! :)

CherryPie 08-04-2011 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sassylass
Those are beautiful!!! I would gladly use them, blue being my favorite colour!! You did a great job!!
Love your dog too! :)

Thank you for the compliment. My dog is our BIG baby. He's a Great Pyrenes and right now only weighs 162. In the winter, he'll get close to 200 lbs. Fills up the backseat of the car. :lol: :lol: :lol:

psychonurse 08-04-2011 04:48 AM

They are great. I would use them.

Wagoza 08-04-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by CherryPie
I am almost embarassed to show all of you my mom's placemats that I've made for her. I'm not a skilled quilter.... .....what I could have done better. Sorry for the bad photography and poor lighting.

Boy... For the great work and effort from the heart you sure do doubt yourself. Turn each of those around. 'Check out the effort I put into a loving gift for my mom.' ...and... 'I am a new quilter giving it my best'... and maybe... 'check out the photos'.
You did a great job. My first quilts were strip quilts, Trip Around the World to be exact, and they didn't come out quite this good. Kudos to you!!!

Denise

CherryPie 08-04-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Wagoza

Originally Posted by CherryPie
I am almost embarassed to show all of you my mom's placemats that I've made for her. I'm not a skilled quilter.... .....what I could have done better. Sorry for the bad photography and poor lighting.

Boy... For the great work and effort from the heart you sure do doubt yourself. Turn each of those around. 'Check out the effort I put into a loving gift for my mom.' ...and... 'I am a new quilter giving it my best'... and maybe... 'check out the photos'.
You did a great job. My first quilts were strip quilts, Trip Around the World to be exact, and they didn't come out quite this good. Kudos to you!!!

Denise

Thank you Denise for the "pep" talk. I guess I've always been a doubting tom when it came to my abilities. You're all great at encouraging me.

Rumbols 08-04-2011 05:20 AM

Great job.

ChrisB 08-04-2011 06:40 AM

Very nice job.

CoriAmD 08-04-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I think they are lovely and would be happy to display them on my table!

Ditto that! Your quilting is Great! Don't be so hard on yourself (as I know we all are) ;-)