Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   much needed chair I made and quilt I'm working on (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/much-needed-chair-i-made-quilt-im-working-t234852.html)

misoop 11-16-2013 09:23 AM

much needed chair I made and quilt I'm working on

6 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd share a chair that I've worked on. Picked up an old potty type chair (ugh!)....but wait....at a yard sale....free!! Anyway, my DH took it out in the yard and sterilized it, took out the potty, etc. After it was clean, I put together some scraps of drapery samples I had on hand and recovered the seat, back and arms. The chair was on rollers. That's why I had a vision for it...I needed a chair on rollers sometimes in my quilting room. Also, attached is the quilt I've been working on this morning. Pattern is called "Don's Goose" from a book called "Urban Country Quilts." My HQ16 is purring like a kitten today!!

Raine54RN 11-16-2013 09:36 AM

Imagination is a wonderful thing! All I would have seen was a yucky potty! Great job in repurposing! And who would know if you cared! Pretty quilt too!

SouthPStitches 11-16-2013 09:46 AM

You must be the recycling queen. Nice job! Your quilt is beautiful; such beautiful warm colors. I recognize the gold from my own stash!

Baloonatic 11-16-2013 09:49 AM

Great job on the chair, what a wonderful repurpose! Did you retain any storage under the seat? I love the colors you used in the quilt, its very pretty

Grandma Bonnie 11-16-2013 09:50 AM

Great job on the potty chair! You should get years of use out of it! Your quilt is awesome, too! Good Job on Both!

Diane007 11-16-2013 09:52 AM

really like the panto that you used on your quilt
would you mind sharing the name of it

thanks

wolph33 11-16-2013 10:25 AM

Great looking quilt and super upcycle on your chair.

misoop 11-16-2013 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic (Post 6408132)
Great job on the chair, what a wonderful repurpose! Did you retain any storage under the seat? I love the colors you used in the quilt, its very pretty

Thank you! No, I didn't have any storage underneath. After he sterilized everything, I just put the "potty" up in the storage room. May need it one of these days....I'm pretty old. hehehe

misoop 11-16-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 6408127)
You must be the recycling queen. Nice job! Your quilt is beautiful; such beautiful warm colors. I recognize the gold from my own stash!

Thank you. I do hate to throw good stuff away. Thanks about my quilt....lots of mistakes, etc. There were so many "points to match" in this quilt, it just didn't work out in some places. I thought..."who will notice on a flying horse?".....except another quilter.

misoop 11-16-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Diane007 (Post 6408140)
really like the panto that you used on your quilt
would you mind sharing the name of it

thanks

Diane, I'm not using a panto.....this is all free-motion. Thank you!