Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   my $2.00 buy today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-%242-00-buy-today-t60793.html)

lynnie 08-22-2010 01:08 PM

i need to find an old one to "Button Up", it would look nice on my sewing room wall

SueDor 08-22-2010 02:57 PM

Good find!

magpiefeather 08-22-2010 07:21 PM

Wow Carrie.... Maybe you could even paint polka dots on it and sell it for an outrageously high price! It's cute!

cjomomma 08-22-2010 07:38 PM

Maybe I can find sunflower buttons to put on it. Maybe I don't need a cord after all.

tcnmom 08-22-2010 07:41 PM

Great buy Carrie. Hope you can find a cord.

mosquitosewgirl 08-22-2010 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I was taking my DD to her Bf's house in the county when I drove by a yard sale at 65mph and and all I could see was a sewing machine and there was junk all over the place but at 65mph that is all I couldn't see any of the junk. So on my way back I stopped in the hopes that there would be other sewing stuff but no. I asked the gentleman what he wanted for the machine even tho there was not a cord. I looked it over and all the parts move and it has it's bobbin case intact. He said i will take $2.00. So I brought it home.
If I can't find a cord for it then I might decorate it with buttons like the one that was posted on here before.

No, no...it has to be sea shells or rhinestones! LOL

cjomomma 08-22-2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by mosquitosewgirl

I was taking my DD to her Bf's house in the county when I drove by a yard sale at 65mph and and all I could see was a sewing machine and there was junk all over the place but at 65mph that is all I couldn't see any of the junk. So on my way back I stopped in the hopes that there would be other sewing stuff but no. I asked the gentleman what he wanted for the machine even tho there was not a cord. I looked it over and all the parts move and it has it's bobbin case intact. He said i will take $2.00. So I brought it home.
If I can't find a cord for it then I might decorate it with buttons like the one that was posted on here before.

But I am not a sea shell or rhinestone kind of gal.

mosquitosewgirl 08-22-2010 07:50 PM

I kind of figured you weren't....but the seashells on that one machine were just so over the top, I couldn't resist teasing you.... :-)

cjomomma 08-22-2010 07:54 PM

I kind of figured you weren't....but the seashells on that one machine were just so over the top, I couldn't resist teasing you.... :-)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

tooMuchFabric 08-22-2010 08:06 PM

Oh, you'll find a cord no doubt, and it's such a great story!! (What kind of plug is it? We'all might have one like what you need...)
And I'm laughing over here at the image of the 65mph fly-by. I thought you were going to say the tires screeching could be heard over the next hill and the smoke was visible in Dallas!!
Haha!

Seriously, won't it be fun to get her all up and running, and make a mini sampler on her, and display them together?