Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My attic windows (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-attic-windows-t21284.html)

ranger 06-19-2009 07:44 AM

Still admiring your pretty quilt, Susy. I am soooooooo looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. Good luck.

ranger

ranger 06-19-2009 07:51 AM

I'm so embarrassed,Gail---so sorry about that. I had another window open where I was drafting a reply to Susy about her puzzle quilt. while I was tying a reply to you.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

ranger

GailG 06-19-2009 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by lass
I saw something one time where someone drew a design on hard plastic sheets with a marker (washable) and "tried" it on the quilt without quilting actually. That way you could see if it would look good. If you are looking for quilting motifs (that seems to be the terminology that I had the most luck with)try the library or internet. Good luck Di

thanks Lass, my problem is I don't do free motion and I'm concerned about maneuvering that large quilt under the domestic machine. I've just about decided to do the windowpanes that pennyswings suggested. Thanks for the input. Everyone has been so genuinely interested and kind with all of their suggestions. You all rock.

GailG 06-19-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by ranger
I'm so embarrassed,Gail---so sorry about that. I had another window open where I was drafting a reply to Susy about her puzzle quilt. while I was tying a reply to you.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

ranger

:lol: Don't be embarrassed. I go by any name, as long as it's a nice one. :wink: Thanks for the input.

GailG 02-22-2010 04:08 AM

Well, here we are -- six months later. Here's an update. The end is in sight. I tried machine quilting and it was a "no go." So I ripped and began hand stitching in the ditch. I have finally finished the ditching and am halfway done with the binding. All that will be left to do is deal with the windows.

I'm sorry Penny, but I really wanted to do what you suggested, but I've had it. I think I'll take perle cotton and turkey track in four points where the "panes" would have met.

So the graduation quilt will be delivered almost one year late.

Bill'sBonBon 02-22-2010 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Well, here we are -- six months later. Here's an update. The end is in sight. I tried machine quilting and it was a "no go." So I ripped and began hand stitching in the ditch. I have finally finished the ditching and am halfway done with the binding. All that will be left to do is deal with the windows.

I'm sorry Penny, but I really wanted to do what you suggested, but I've had it. I think I'll take perle cotton and turkey track in four points where the "panes" would have met.

So the graduation quilt will be delivered almost one year late.

I know how you feel getting to the end. Then when you do get to the end you feel light as a feather. :thumbup:

cuppi duke 02-22-2010 08:32 AM

I think I would stitch in the ditch on the outside of the daisy squares and either stipple or meander on the daisy's or perhaps quilt a daisy in the center square. As you can see, I like lots of quilting.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-22-2010 12:27 PM

nice quilt

cmapco837 02-22-2010 12:35 PM

Love this pattern do you know where you got it? What size is it ? are you going to put borders on it?

Thank You Carolyn

#1piecemaker 02-22-2010 04:55 PM

Looking good, girl. I knew you could do it. I see now what you mean by the cheating corners. It took me a minute to see what you had done to get that point without the hastle. What are the dementions on the pieces? I think I may have to try this one next.