Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Colorful Colorado Shop Hop Quilt is all done but the binding.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-colorful-colorado-shop-hop-quilt-all-done-but-binding-t7708.html)

Lucky Patsy's 06-02-2008 09:32 PM

That is fabulous!

sewsewquilter 06-03-2008 05:21 AM

Oh my, that is a beautiful quilt. No one could part with that quilt. You do wonderful work.

conblond2005 06-03-2008 08:19 AM

Thanks again for all you nice words on my quilt. I'm not that great of a quilter but I'm hoping someday I'll be one of the best..

Nita 06-06-2008 05:06 AM

Connie ~ By far one of the nicest quilts I've ever set eyes on! No, don't give this one away, as it is just too gorgeous ...... and the labor in it ...... Kudos to you, girl! My hubby & I vacationed in Durango, Colorado a few years ago. Loved the area. Very pretty. We drove the San Juan Highway to Telluride. Just amazing sites. I'd love to go back someday. I always visit quilt shps when on vacation. I think the name of the one I went to was simply The Durango Quilt Shop, but I'm not too sure. Colorado is a beautiful place and your quilt depicts it very nicely. Nita

conblond2005 06-06-2008 09:37 AM

That is a beautiful drive. I can't breathe so good anymore so don't go into the moutains. It's such a high altitude just being here on the Eastern Plains. We are a bit higher than Denver, The Mile High City. You'd think I was a smoker or something but never have smoked. Just bad lungs and I live in the best place as far as doctors are. We have National Jewish about 25 miles away. They get patients from all over the world there. :roll:

conblond2005 06-06-2008 01:37 PM

Akron is about 95 miles east of us. Don't think I've ever been up there unless we went through it on the way to Ogalala Lake. That is pretty much flat land too. They have a lot of tornadoes out that way. They usually start around us with the cold air coming out of the Rockies and hit the hot air out here and go crazy over the mid west. My husband said this is as far east as we will ever move. We've had them here and around us but never hit us. We are 4 blocks from the old hardware store that got a hit. It took off the entire out side of the building and left the contents of the store still on the shelves. Unbelievable. :!:

sewnsewer2 06-06-2008 04:07 PM

Truly a work of art for sure! I would keep it too, it's absolutely gorgeous!

Janstar 06-06-2008 09:33 PM

Hi Connie, Your quilt is beautiful! I see the animal prints you sent me. I have'nt used them yet but I will. We work in the summer so it will be this winter probably. Glad you had a lovely trip and got to visit your friend. Thanks for the PM and again, I love your quilt.

conblond2005 06-07-2008 11:09 AM

Hi Janstar,

I'm glad you came here to see it. Now you know what you can do with a quilt and those animals.

Have a great weekend.

Marcia 06-07-2008 11:22 AM

Your quilt is just magnificient!! I loved living in Colorado Springs and your quilt has reminded me of all the beauty there. Thanks for the memories.