Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first lap quilt for my granddaughter! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-lap-quilt-my-granddaughter-t42753.html)

quilterguy27 04-15-2010 09:57 AM

Your quilt is beautiful. I can totally relate to your situation. I am legally blind, I don't drive or work. Quilting is pretty much my only outlet these days. I do everything by feel. Is there another way? That's how I taught myself. Although I didn't loose my eyesight all at once, I know how it is to have to re-learn everything. You are doing a super great job. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

quilterguy27 04-15-2010 10:00 AM

It's the stubborn in me and you that makes us figure out a way to get things done. Otherwise, we'd just sit around and do the "woe is me" thing all day and waste away. Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm always figureing out another way to do things I used to be able to do with ease. Where there is a will, there is a way! Part of my mantras.

Originally Posted by Kara
You should be proud of such an accomplishment!
You did a great job.
And being stubborn as h*** only adds to most of our charm :D

MamaBear61 04-15-2010 02:17 PM

Nice job and there is nothing wrong with being a little stubborn

Bevanger 04-15-2010 04:14 PM

GREAT JOB! i love all the colors

littlehud 04-15-2010 06:53 PM

Your quilt is great. I love that cat fabric. Where did you get it. You did a wonderful job on that quilt. Thank you for sharing with us.

Boston1954 04-15-2010 06:56 PM

Very well done. I especially like the kitty fabric. Nice color choices.

craftybear 04-15-2010 07:39 PM

you should be proud of yourself, Happy Quilting!

theresse 04-15-2010 08:30 PM

I love the colors & the pattern, I think you did a great job on it, continue the good work. Theresse

no1jan 04-16-2010 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
It's the stubborn in me and you that makes us figure out a way to get things done. Otherwise, we'd just sit around and do the "woe is me" thing all day and waste away. Necessity is the mother of invention. I'm always figureing out another way to do things I used to be able to do with ease. Where there is a will, there is a way! Part of my mantras.

Originally Posted by Kara
You should be proud of such an accomplishment!
You did a great job.
And being stubborn as h*** only adds to most of our charm :D

I know what you mean about the "woe is me". My Mom (who is now gone), and my one brother are like that. I can send the same joke to my SIL and my DB. Her's comes back "Wow that was great. Thanks for the laugh!"

His comes back, no reply about the joke, and something always bad. It is a private (not any longer) joke between my husband and I to see what he'll complain out next.

I look at it as there is always someone worse off than me, otherwise I wouldn't be here to complain at all.

Plus the disability has strengthened my periferrial (sp) vision quite a lot. And I do use my hands for touching and feeling. I feel the seams to see if they are straight.

I never realized it until my husband mentioned that I put out my arms to the sides in crowds as people keep running into me.

:) :)

mytwopals 04-16-2010 09:41 AM

Very pretty. I like the color combination. :thumbup: