Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first small wall quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-small-wall-quilt-t276482.html)

Gerrycnx 03-07-2016 09:10 AM

My first small wall quilt

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone.

As I wrote in my presentation I started quilting just few month ago. I will not show you my first depressing attempt of quilting (even if I am still proudly using my Lap "very narrow...too narrow" quilt.)

Here I want to show you my first real attempt...after studying a little bit of technique from the web.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544239[/ATTACH]

I loved to play for the first time with shapes. It is not comparable to the awesome quilt that I saw on this forum...but I am still proud of it!

than...my second production was a coaster set.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544240[/ATTACH]

and finally my last work...my first baby-quilt form my friend's newborn! Some mistake here and there...but I think I am improving...and having a lot of fun!! ..and I like the colors and the little owls...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]544242[/ATTACH]

so...that's it for now. I bought some new fabrics and I am studying what to do next :-)

ManiacQuilter2 03-07-2016 09:11 AM

We all started out making lots of mistake. I feel that cooking is similar, you got to burn a few meals before you get the hang of it.

Gerrycnx 03-07-2016 09:11 AM

sorry for the attached picture...was a little blur and I tried to cancel it...but as you can see..I didn't:p

Gerrycnx 03-07-2016 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7487067)
We all started out making lots of mistake. I feel that cooking is similar, you got to burn a few meals before you get the hang of it.

This is so true!! I can only improve !!

Gerrycnx 03-07-2016 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This are the real colors...in the previous picture it seems very dark. But they are very bright!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]544243[/ATTACH]

cjsews 03-07-2016 09:35 AM

You are off to a great start. Nobody will know they are not perfect. These quilts will be loved as they are. And if you are lucky they will be loved to shreds and then you will have the opportunity to replace them

mim 03-07-2016 09:38 AM

your first piece is so intricate!!! most quilters would be proud to do as well. Thank you for sharing. I like your yellow coaster mat. was it a pattern??

Mim

cowgirlquilter 03-07-2016 09:44 AM

So proud of you! Believe me, we all have begun at one time or another. I learn something new every time I make a quilt, which makes it a win win, right??

Gerrycnx 03-07-2016 09:53 AM

Thanks!! I am very happy you all like them ! Thanks a lot to encouraging me !
The coaster I found the tutorial on the web. If you want the link I can find it and send it to you, Mim.just I am not sure if it is ok to share here or if it is better to send it by private message

JuneBillie 03-07-2016 09:58 AM

I like all of your quilts, and those pretty coasters. You are doing a great job. Yes that second picture of the owls show what beautiful bright colors are in it. So pretty. Your wall hanging is also very nice, with little shapes that many would not begin with so you are off to a wonderful start. :)