Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   MY FOLDED DAHLIA FINISHED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-folded-dahlia-finished-t118008.html)

Bobbinchick 04-23-2011 06:22 PM

Maybe I can help a little bit on the very first fold is where you fold it twice. On the rest of the folds you only fold it omce to make a traingle and then you fold it over the last color and then you do that the rest of the way and I sorta got confused too until I tried it the was I got it done. So remember the very first fold, you fold it to make the triangle and crease and then you unfold that and bring it down again just to the crease and fold it to the edge of the stack and then fold it down to the background fabric. Then do the same on the other side and then you fold it just to make the traingle and then fold it over the last color and do the same for the rest of the folds, alternating sides. It'll work. Huggies, Fay

wvdek 04-23-2011 06:25 PM

Very pretty and interesting. Wish I had time to make one.

Pat G 04-23-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
Maybe I can help a little bit on the very first fold is where you fold it twice. On the rest of the folds you only fold it omce to make a traingle and then you fold it over the last color and then you do that the rest of the way and I sorta got confused too until I tried it the was I got it done. So remember the very first fold, you fold it to make the triangle and crease and then you unfold that and bring it down again just to the crease and fold it to the edge of the stack and then fold it down to the background fabric. Then do the same on the other side and then you fold it just to make the traingle and then fold it over the last color and do the same for the rest of the folds, alternating sides. It'll work. Huggies, Fay

Fay, I've printed out your msg. but as I read & reread it it sounds like what I'm doing. OH OH, I just read it again. At what row do you just make the triangle & not all of the folds?

Bobbinchick 04-23-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G

Fay, I've printed out your msg. but as I read & reread it it sounds like what I'm doing. OH OH, I just read it again. At what row do you just make the triangle & not all of the folds?

You start that on the 2nd row of colors. The very frst one is where you fold it twice. It is because that is the narrowest part. Huggies, Fay

Pat G 04-23-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G

You start that on the 2nd row of colors. The very frst one is where you fold it twice. It is because that is the narrowest part. Huggies, Fay

Ok, thanks so very much. Sounds like I have to make another one now to put that into practice. Now what the heck am I going to do with all of these. LOL.

Pat

jacie 04-23-2011 06:34 PM

I can hardly wait to get home to try this, the notes here I know will help un-befuddle me..... (is that a word?) anyway, I will do this along with my May doll quilt swap, first thing I get to sewing again... jacie

Pat G 04-23-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jacie
I can hardly wait to get home to try this, the notes here I know will help un-befuddle me..... (is that a word?) anyway, I will do this along with my May doll quilt swap, first thing I get to sewing again... jacie

Un-befuddle sure sounds good to me. I spend a lot of time befuddled so this works for me. LOL.
Do you make whole fabric dolls?

jacie 04-23-2011 06:44 PM

have not made whole fabric dolls I don't think....explain.... I love to try anything new,,jacie

Pat G 04-23-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by jacie
have not made whole fabric dolls I don't think....explain.... I love to try anything new,,jacie

Oh I am so dumb. I read your msg. so quickly I didn't catch the "doll quilt". I got it now. Sorry.

lor6209 04-23-2011 08:20 PM

where did you find your pattern Or turtial For your Floded Dahlea ? I would love to try to make one Thanks Lor6209