Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My 'get well' gift from DH! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-get-well-gift-dh-t68636.html)

madamekelly 10-06-2010 07:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I woke up early this morning, feeling alive and pain free for the first time in months. Whooppeee! As I made coffee, my DH hands me a package and get well card. I was so impressed by his gift, I am typing with tears in my eyes. All I have to do now, is figure out how to use it...I am hoping some of you can give me some ideas? The panel measures 36" x 44". and does not match the colors in my home, so it will be a gift to someone. For you to understand the gesture of this gift, you gotta know that while very helpful around the house, my DH is not into sewing. He says it is a foreign language, and he never learned it.

This is the full panel, and yes, my carpeting really is Raspberry!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111741[/ATTACH]

Close up of wording.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]111742[/ATTACH]

amandasgramma 10-06-2010 07:24 AM

To heck with it not matching your house!!!! KEEP it -- frame it and put it in your sewing area!!!! What a wonderful thing for your husband to do! Also - glad you're feeling better!!! With the rain we're having over here, and imagine you're having, I'm surprised ANY of us are feeling good!!!

Grama Lehr 10-06-2010 07:25 AM

He might not be "into sewing", but it sure seems like he's "into you"! I would keep it and finish it. Who cares if it matches.
You have a wonderful hubby!! :D

CraftsByRobin 10-06-2010 07:25 AM

Bless your husband's heart ... that is beautiful! So new to quilting I couldn't being to give ideas ... but I had to at least tell you that your husband did good ... real good!

I go To The Sea To Breathe 10-06-2010 07:50 AM

I also would keep it and use it. Maybe a pillow so you can hug it if you don't feel well or put behind your back etc. It doesn't matter if it matches anything. He gave it in love.

mypatookis 10-06-2010 08:13 AM

Oh, I think you should keep it too. It is beautiful! What a thoughtful husband you have. Can't you find a place for it? Just think of the warm fuzzies you will feel every time you look at it. Maybe you could find fabric for a small border or binding that would have "a touch" of that raspberry in it. Just a thought. Glad you are feeling better. :-)

Conniequilts 10-06-2010 08:21 AM

I would find a way to add a border that will bring the panel to "coordinating" status and always remember how much he loves you.

clem55 10-06-2010 10:36 AM

A panel like that doesn't have to match anything!!

Ms Grace 10-06-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
He might not be "into sewing", but it sure seems like he's "into you"! I would keep it and finish it. Who cares if it matches.
You have a wonderful hubby!! :D

Ditto! :-)

boohoofish 10-06-2010 11:06 AM

Please keep it for yourself - he probably spent a lot of time looking for something he felt was just right!