Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My 'get well' gift from DH!

Blog Entries
    I woke up early this morning, feeling alive and pain free for the first time in months. Whooppeee! As I made coffee, my DH hands me a package and get well card. I was so impressed by his gift, I am typing with tears in my eyes. All I have to do now, is figure out how to use it...I am hoping some of you can give me some ideas? The panel measures 36" x 44". and does not match the colors in my home, so it will be a gift to someone. For you to understand the gesture of this gift, you gotta know that while very helpful around the house, my DH is not into sewing. He says it is a foreign language, and he never learned it.

This is the full panel, and yes, my carpeting really is Raspberry!
    Name:  Attachment-111736.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  47.1 KB

Close up of wording.
    Name:  Attachment-111737.jpe
Views: 44
Size:  47.5 KB

To heck with it not matching your house!!!! KEEP it -- frame it and put it in your sewing area!!!! What a wonderful thing for your husband to do! Also - glad you're feeling better!!! With the rain we're having over here, and imagine you're having, I'm surprised ANY of us are feeling good!!!

He might not be "into sewing", but it sure seems like he's "into you"! I would keep it and finish it. Who cares if it matches.
    You have a wonderful hubby!! :D

Bless your husband's heart ... that is beautiful! So new to quilting I couldn't being to give ideas ... but I had to at least tell you that your husband did good ... real good!

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I also would keep it and use it. Maybe a pillow so you can hug it if you don't feel well or put behind your back etc. It doesn't matter if it matches anything. He gave it in love.

Oh, I think you should keep it too. It is beautiful! What a thoughtful husband you have. Can't you find a place for it? Just think of the warm fuzzies you will feel every time you look at it. Maybe you could find fabric for a small border or binding that would have "a touch" of that raspberry in it. Just a thought. Glad you are feeling better. :-)

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    I would find a way to add a border that will bring the panel to "coordinating" status and always remember how much he loves you.

Blog Entries
    A panel like that doesn't have to match anything!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    He might not be "into sewing", but it sure seems like he's "into you"! I would keep it and finish it. Who cares if it matches.
    You have a wonderful hubby!! :D
    Ditto! :-)

Please keep it for yourself - he probably spent a lot of time looking for something he felt was just right!

Blog Entries
    keep it and make a wall hanging and you could always make the wallhanging to fit inside of a cool wooden picture frame

nice thoughtful hubby

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    Amen to that. KEEP IT!!!!!

What a thoughtful hoosband. Here's a thought--since it doesn't match anything in your home and if you'd like to keep it, why not try working with it using a technique like the Ricky Tims convergence technique! you cut it up in different width sizes--like keep the head one whole width-- and cut up another fabric and sort of interlace them. There's lots of examples of that technique around. just a thought from someone day dreaming at work. . .
    edited to add: I'm very glad you're feeling better. I too live with someone who has been in constant pain, with good days and bad days. Hooray for you.

Blog Entries
    Very nice!

Keep it, it is his gift to you.
    How sweet of him to think of you that way.
    If it don't match any other room put it in your sewing room. IT is to precious to give away.

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    To heck with it not matching your house!!!! KEEP it -- frame it and put it in your sewing area!!!! What a wonderful thing for your husband to do! Also - glad you're feeling better!!! With the rain we're having over here, and imagine you're having, I'm surprised ANY of us are feeling good!!!
    yes, since your DH went out and bought it...keep it and put it in your sewing room. Every time he goes in there he will be reminded of how much you love him and appreciate his efforts.
    keep it girlfriend!

Blog Entries
    If my DH gave me something like that I certainly would not throw it away! Make it up and find a place for it to hang.
    What a wonderful way for him to tell you he loves you.

Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    I agree!!!!

What store did he find that at? It is beautiful! You need to make a wall hanging....and KEEP IT! But do post where he found that panel at....

Keep it! Husbands like that are few and far between I lost one about 1 1/2 yrs ago and still talk to him like if I went some where and something we talked about has changed then it hits me.

What a lovely gesture! He must be a special man and you his very special lady. I would keep the panel, add some borders and hang it somewhere, anywhere in your home.

Oh you have to keep it. I think he is trying to tell you how glad he is that you are better and that he prayed hard for that. He probably can't put his feelings into words. My husband is like that. He will do something for me so totally out of character it just makes weep. And I love your raspberry carpet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    I agree with the other ladies. If he thought that much of you, you I would finish it and keep it. I wish I would have kept every gift my late husband gave me. Cuppi

Something that thoughtful should be used in your own home.I wouldn't think of giving something like that away if my husband gave it to me.That is something to be thankful and grateful for.

That is so sweet, put a raspberry border on it. That would be really pretty.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast