Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Grand Illusion - The Mighty Pink Flamingo (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-grand-illusion-mighty-pink-flamingo-t292517.html)

IVYakaNANI 11-11-2017 06:42 PM

My Grand Illusion - The Mighty Pink Flamingo

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! My name is Ivy and although I am new to this posting stuff, I am not new to the Quilting Board. I am confessing to being a Lurker. I Love this Quilting Board! I look forward to my 20 minutes each and every day. Y'all are a talented bunch and I have learned lots from each of you. I have only been quilting the past 6-7 years although I have always loved looking at quilts. I did not come from a family of quilters or seamstresses.

I love doing the Bonnie Hunter mysteries. Not only are they exciting but after making the same block/component over and over then By George I've Got It! That said my first one was the Grand Illusion from 3 or 4 years ago. I have heard many talk about how they didn't like this pattern of hers but have really enjoyed subsequent ones. I mentioned on another thread that after some inspiration I tweeked this quilt to make it my own and finished it earlier this year. I had the components made but after the reveal I was ... well ... uninspired to put it together. However this spring I dug it out and my husband found a whimsical fabric in my stash and together we thought "why not?!". You see I've liked pink flamingos since before pink flamingos were "in"! Most of the rooms in my home contain a small flamingo here or there as they are good luck to me.

If I can figure out how to put a few pictures on here I will show you this happy quilt. Actually just last month it won 1st Place Viewer's Choice in the quilt show at the local Library!! Isn't this our goal as quilters? To make others happy with our quilts? I even backed it with itty bitty pink flamingos on a white background. I hope this encourages many to make the quilt your own! I named this quilt The Mighty Pink Flamingo. Enjoy!

pocoellie 11-11-2017 06:45 PM

Welcome, so glad you introduced yourself. I like your version of Bonnie's quilt.

QuiltnNan 11-11-2017 06:55 PM

very nicely done

Jingle 11-11-2017 07:50 PM

Welcome to the board.

Your quilt and quilting is absolutely beautiful, colors are too.

Tartan 11-11-2017 09:09 PM

​Wonderful fun variation! Are you going to do the new mystery?

bearisgray 11-11-2017 09:22 PM

Very vibrant - I like it!

BonnieI 11-11-2017 09:46 PM

I really like it. Welcome to the board.

audsgirl 11-11-2017 10:50 PM

Ivy, this is a beautiful quilt! You were very clever to think up this neat sashing solution. I like how the blocks don't blend together. It really sets off your cute flamingo fabric!

Leslie

BrendaK 11-11-2017 11:01 PM

Beautiful. BrendaK

TheMerkleFamily 11-12-2017 03:42 AM

How fun & festive! Really like the sashing and the flamingos :) Looking forward to pics of your other BHMQs (comments from your other post on the ORL thread!) Please do share!