Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Kaleidoscope Mini and Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-kaleidoscope-mini-pattern-t118329.html)

n2scraplvr 04-23-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
That was quite an undertaking. It looks good

It sure was! I did, however, cut off some points :oops: , but I'm still pleased with it!!

Thanks everyone! So glad you love my mini and K block! :lol: :-D ;)

LeslieFrost 04-23-2011 04:33 PM

Cute and colorful! Don't you love making minis?

n2scraplvr 04-23-2011 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by LeslieFrost
Cute and colorful! Don't you love making minis?

I absolutely do!! You forgot to put 'quilting' in your signature! It's one of the best things about retirement! I love all those other pastimes you mentioned too! Thank you, Leslie!! And thanks everyone so much! Enjoy the pattern! :-D ;) ;)

Rose_P 04-23-2011 06:18 PM

Thanks so much for the pattern! One look at your quilt, and I knew I had to make one.

I drafted the design to make 4" blocks (because I happened to have a 4 1/2" square ruler in reach). I'm thinking of sewing all 8 pieces around the block and just slashing the paper to fold and sew the last seam. Has anyone tried that?

n2scraplvr 04-23-2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rose_P
Thanks so much for the pattern! One look at your quilt, and I knew I had to make one.

I drafted the design to make 4" blocks (because I happened to have a 4 1/2" square ruler in reach). I'm thinking of sewing all 8 pieces around the block and just slashing the paper to fold and sew the last seam. Has anyone tried that?

Your welcome, Rose! I haven't tried that yet, but that is the way it is done when purchasing preprinted PP patterns (ha-what a tongue twister that one is!) say that 10x real fast, ha! Some of these preprinted PP patterns are just no slashing, but 'just fold and sew.' I would rather slash and then fold and sew because I want it to match well. But that is the standard usually. There is a 'fold' line and 'sew line.' I like the idea you have though of going around a complete circle adding the pieces. I removed the papers before joining the sections to reduce bulk. Looking forward to seeing your mini! Be sure and PM me when you post pics -- don't want to miss it!

:D :wink:

wvdek 04-23-2011 07:42 PM

Sure is pretty. What a neat little mini. Thanks for the pattern.

BETTY62 04-23-2011 07:51 PM

It is beautiful and I love the bright colors.

n2scraplvr 04-23-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Sure is pretty. What a neat little mini. Thanks for the pattern.

Thank you and your welcome!

:-D :-D ;) ;)

craftybear 04-23-2011 07:55 PM

love it and thanks for the pattern

n2scraplvr 04-23-2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
love it and thanks for the pattern

Your welcome! Thanks craftybear and Betty62!!! :-D :-D :-D