Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My last two works (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-last-two-works-t287010.html)

Wanabee Quiltin 03-24-2017 06:06 AM

Absolutely fantastic quilts. My husband looked at them and asked "How does he even design something like this?" To your question as to if we speak Spanish, I'm sure someone does but it's a joke in our family that we do speak Spanish : Tosada, taco, enchilada, burrito. I hope you understand that its a joke, we wish we did speak Spanish.

carolynjo 03-24-2017 06:13 AM

What a masterful job! Felicidades, yo espero.

maviskw 03-24-2017 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by ruthrings (Post 7790014)
Hablo poquito y malo. Pero me gusta practicar. Los quilts están fantástico!

Mi tambien! I am teaching English to the Spanish people here (we have lots of them), and you can't help picking up some of it. I'm also studying the Pimsleur Method Spanish. I love learning new languages. I learned a little Russian with that method also.

Los quilts están bonitos.

red-warrior 03-24-2017 06:32 AM

Oh my! They are stunning!

Rafael 03-24-2017 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin (Post 7790455)
Absolutely fantastic quilts. My husband looked at them and asked "How does he even design something like this?" To your question as to if we speak Spanish, I'm sure someone does but it's a joke in our family that we do speak Spanish : Tosada, taco, enchilada, burrito. I hope you understand that its a joke, we wish we did speak Spanish.

Jajaja, I`m still laughing at your comment. All those words are from Mexico, I`m cuban and we say words like chico, salsa, mijita, china linda, mi amor, mi cielo and things like that. And those works belongs to a project inspired in mosaics of Havana, thank you a lot for your answer

Rafael 03-24-2017 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 7790481)
Mi tambien! I am teaching English to the Spanish people here (we have lots of them), and you can't help picking up some of it. I'm also studying the Pimsleur Method Spanish. I love learning new languages. I learned a little Russian with that method also.

Los quilts están bonitos.

Gracias por enseñar inglés, yo estoy especializado en clases con una sola persona ... 4 horas por día

annette1952 03-24-2017 07:15 AM

Gorgeous quilts!

EmiliasNana 03-24-2017 07:22 AM

No Spanish here. My dear daughter-in-law was born in Mexico, her dad barely speaks English, but she is the only one of her 5 brothers and sisters who is teaching their kids Spanish. A real lost opportunity IMHO. By the way, her husband, our son, speaks very little, as do his parents. I took Spanish back in HS but only remember how to count to ten from Sesame Street.

quilterpurpledog 03-24-2017 07:40 AM

Quite spectacular. Both are beautiful but I am especially drawn to the first one. It seems a lot like Hawaiian applique quilting that I have long admired-so I admire this.

klswift 03-24-2017 07:56 AM

Unbelievable! Outstanding! Beautiful! In any language!!!!!