Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My latest quilt with a sad ending. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-latest-quilt-sad-ending-t88098.html)

cheri stonespinner 01-07-2011 08:01 PM

Good advice, to place the lable over the hole! I was thinking the same thing.

Gabbystabber 01-07-2011 08:14 PM

Seems like a perfect place to applique something neat. All mistakes just teach us to stretch our imaginations.
Donna

grammysharon 01-07-2011 08:17 PM

The quilt is beautiful, just cover with an applique and call it done!!!

Originally Posted by rosemaynes
This was a round robin quilt that I made with my mom and a group of ladies. ( Round Robin) means that I made the center square and then past it on to the next person, every month that we got together we past our quilts around to do the next row never seeing your own quilt until it was all done. So I never saw my quilt again till it was the size you see now. Every month I had someone's quilt to work on and make bigger. When I got the quilt back, one year later, I was so excited to be able to custom quilt all over it. I bought the backing at my local quilt shop and got started. After getting 20 inches into the quilting.... I FOUND A HOLE IN THE BACKING. :cry: There is nothing for me to do but finish the quilting and just patch it later. :cry:

:lol:

catlover 01-07-2011 08:24 PM

That's a beautiful quilt. And so is the quilting. No one will ever know there was a hole. A clever patch and it will be perfect.

Cynthia

k9dancer 01-07-2011 09:26 PM

Love the quilt. Love the colors. Love the patchwork. Love the quilting. I love everything about it. The hole is just telling you where the label should go. No worries.

I am also making the same medallion center. My quilt will finish out very differently, but I'd sure love to have your quilt on my bed. It is wonderful!

waquilter 01-07-2011 10:16 PM

So sorry about the hole. The top is a real beauty. You're in with a good group of "round robiners".

PKWard 01-07-2011 10:19 PM

The top is so beautiful and the colors perfect...cover the whole!!! No one will notice.

Gerbie 01-07-2011 11:24 PM

Sorry about the fabric flaw really a bummer when that happens. But your Round Robin quilt is just beautiful Great job and congrats to all who worked on it. Could you patch the hole with some of the fabric from the front and perhaps make some other of the same shapes and scatter them around the back also, make it look like it was meant to be that way?

PKWard 01-07-2011 11:32 PM

Gotta love my spelling...it must too late for me to be on the computer...cover the whole HOLE! :D

Originally Posted by PKWard
The top is so beautiful and the colors perfect...cover the whole!!! No one will notice.

chrisqlt 01-08-2011 01:26 AM

Your quilting is just beautiful. The small repair on the back won't be noticed with so much to see on the front. I love the idea of the label with names of all that did a "round" on the quilt/or the applique idea. Sometimes these accidents make us get creative in a new way!