Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Little Brown Bird corner triangles are finished now. Thanks for looking (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-little-brown-bird-corner-triangles-finished-now-thanks-looking-t270281.html)

nanna-up-north 09-22-2015 08:06 AM

My Little Brown Bird corner triangles are finished now. Thanks for looking

1 Attachment(s)
This quilt requires 4 corner triangles. This is #3 and #4 and I'm done with them.

I still have 4 side triangles to finish to have those done.... working on them now.

My DH asked me how many little applique pieces have I sewn on now. I'll try to figure that out and post it when I'm done with the side triangles.

Thanks for looking.

thimblebug6000 09-22-2015 08:09 AM

Stunning work you are doing!

susie-susie-susie 09-22-2015 08:12 AM

Beautiful. I have the book but I'm afraid to start the quilt. You may be hearing from me if I ever get the courage to start it. Are you buying fabric for the appliqué pieces or are you using your stash and scraps? I have been saving scraps to use if and when I start the quilt. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing your progress.
Sue

nanna-up-north 09-22-2015 08:24 AM

Thanks, Susie and Thimblebug.

I've mostly used just scraps from my stash. The little pieces use such little scraps that other friends have been saving things for me along with my little pieces. I continue to be so amazed at how little fabric this quilt uses. I told my DH the only thing I've had to buy was the background. I don't need to buy fabric for a long time..... money saved!!

Yes, do join in. The more the merrier!!

Monale 09-22-2015 08:51 AM

I've been following your progress with these appliqués. They are amazing! And you are so fast! (at least it feels like your posting them one right after the other all the time). I've been "dreaming" of doing an appliqué quilt, but somehow I don't have the courage to tackle it - not sure if my handiwork will suffice for a satisfying result...

nanna-up-north 09-22-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Monale (Post 7324716)
I've been following your progress with these appliqués. They are amazing! And you are so fast! (at least it feels like your posting them one right after the other all the time). I've been "dreaming" of doing an appliqué quilt, but somehow I don't have the courage to tackle it - not sure if my handiwork will suffice for a satisfying result...

Isn't the avatar of your hexi quilt hand work? That looks great to me. I didn't know if I could do this quilt either when I first started. I really had doubts and was truly scared to start. But I loved it and so many have helped me with questions I've ask. Try a block or two. What's the hurt in that? If you don't like it, you can stop at any time. If you fall in love with it like me you just keep stitching and before you know it you have a block done.... then another, etc.

I'm not really that fast. This last one was done except for the embroidery and that only took one day. That's why it looks like I finished it so quickly. These next 4 side triangles will take a bit more time, I think.

franc36 09-22-2015 09:09 AM

Your work is awesome! I have so enjoyed watching your progress. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous appliqué with us.

QUILTNMO 09-22-2015 09:27 AM

beautiful work!!

Bluebonnets 09-22-2015 09:47 AM

Beautiful!!

woodyandjake 09-22-2015 10:12 AM

I love your work and wish I was able to do it. Very inspiring.