Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Most Recent WIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-most-recent-wip-t1076.html)

k_jupiter 05-21-2007 10:12 PM

Not bad. *L*

tim in san jose

k_jupiter 05-21-2007 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
or should i go get another bottle of that cough syrup?
:mrgreen:

Next time, don't mix it with that tequila.

tim in san jose

patricej 05-22-2007 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by k_jupiter

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
or should i go get another bottle of that cough syrup?

Next time, don't mix it with that tequila.

tim in san jose

buzz kill
:roll:

jessiesmom 05-23-2007 05:30 AM

Patrice this quilt is so beautiful. I keep coming back and looking at it. I love the colors.

Back a while ago you were explaining how you put sashing on the front of a quilt when you quilt as u go. Are you going to do this time also, and if you are would you consider taking pics, because I really cannot picture how you do this . Dont feel obligated you can say no. I know you are busy.

Mary

Boo 05-23-2007 05:36 AM

Patrice, looks like you well on your way with your machine quilting! A couple of suggestions would be, not to use caffeine prior to quilting and relax. When I started machine quilting, it took me forever cause I would have to take long breaks because of the searing pain in my shoulders and back. Make sure the bed of machine is even with bent elbows. If you have your machine above that level you are putting strain on muscles by being in an unnatural position. This was the single most useful information I received and it has made all the difference.
Keep plugging away, you are doing a great job! I am very glad to see you realize the importance of tongue position. :lol:

patricej 05-23-2007 07:19 AM

BOO!!! SURELY YOU JEST! NO CAFFEINE? RELAX? NATURAL POSITIONS? are you trying to give me a complete nervous breakdown? :shock:

ok ... ok ... UNCLE!!! i'll give you everything but the caffeine. LOL

Mary ... i'll be happy to take a few photos as i go through the steps. i won't be working on it again until i get back from my VACATION (yippee!!! yahoo!!!!), but will remember to do that. it is really no trouble at all.

thanks to both of you - and anybody i've missed - for the compliments.
:P :P :P

Debbie Murry 05-23-2007 07:23 AM

How long will you be gone? We have a quilt show here Wilmington, NC coming up on June 22 thru 24. Can you still come?

patricej 05-23-2007 07:29 AM

i wish i could take a vacation for a whole month. LOL

i'll be back on tuesday evening sometime. Willmington, June 22 - 24 shouldn't be a problem. i think i'll have the vacation days built back up to cover that. whose sofa am i sleeping on?

Debbie Murry 05-23-2007 07:32 AM

I, ah, well, hummmm, I don't know. I live in a small cottage (hardly any room for us as it is) and the dog sleeps on the couch. I have a porch you can use.

patricej 05-23-2007 08:32 AM

relax, kiddo. you're off the hook.
:wink: