Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new "cover" to protect actual bed quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-%22cover%22-protect-actual-bed-quilt-t121208.html)

rosemaynes 05-06-2011 07:51 AM

WOW if that is just the dog cover up.... what is the real quilt.... that looks so nice I don't know that I would let my dogs on that!!!

karensue 05-06-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by rosemaynes
WOW if that is just the dog cover up.... what is the real quilt.... that looks so nice I don't know that I would let my dogs on that!!!

That is why I buy, on sale, cheap flat sheets for about $5 each, then I don't worry about expensive material, and they work perfectly.
And, here is my ultimate lazy part. I cut a solid color of the sheet on all 4 sides for top/bottom and sides of bed - but I cut the hemmed part of the sheets for that - wa la, all 4 sides instantly hemmed. Amazing how creative we can be (hee hee)

Karen

QuiltE 05-06-2011 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sharon - NC
If that's the cover you don't mind getting messed up by the dogs, I'd love to see the quilt underneath! I think it's really pretty!!

Yes, I agree, the things we do for our fur-children! :-)

ITA ... and am waiting to see the real quilt!
woof woof ... arf arf
and a bunch of wiggle-waggles too!!!!!
pant-pant-pant-pant

:)

sueisallaboutquilts 05-06-2011 08:49 AM

Wow, that's beautiful!! REally good idea as well. I have a cat who sneezes (allergies) and you just gave me a great idea, thanks :)

sherriequilts 05-06-2011 09:06 AM

Yep. Want to see the Real quilt, the cover is brilliant. And now I know what to do for my kitties who will sleep with me when I move to New Mexico. Guess I better get to stitching as everything is in Escrow (Thank God for answered prayers).

Kappy 05-06-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by karensue

Originally Posted by rosemaynes

That is why I buy, on sale, cheap flat sheets for about $5 each, then I don't worry about expensive material, and they work perfectly.
And, here is my ultimate lazy part. I cut a solid color of the sheet on all 4 sides for top/bottom and sides of bed - but I cut the hemmed part of the sheets for that - wa la, all 4 sides instantly hemmed. Amazing how creative we can be (hee hee)

Karen

What a great idea!

thequilterslink 05-06-2011 12:58 PM

Very Pretty cover up, my little yellow fur baby would be right on one of those pillows tho, making himself all comfy.

buckeyed 05-06-2011 01:02 PM

Guess I am a meanie...don't let my kitty on my bed..

Kappy 05-06-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by buckeyed
Guess I am a meanie...don't let my kitty on my bed..

My question is, how do you keep him off the bed. LOL

GreatStarter 05-09-2011 07:24 AM

Wow. That is beautiful. And what a great idea. I need to make a lap size one for when my little dog sits on my lap, in the heat of the summer. I sit in the evenings, in an air conditioned room due to my asthma (so I can breathe when it's really humid) I cover up with a lightweight quilt my friend made for me. That would be something I can easily wash regularly. Thanks for the idea.
Kat