Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My 'New Knee' Project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-knee-project-t208647.html)

Carol Wilson 12-19-2012 11:35 AM

Well done Hilary, hope the new knee is coming on well. After the silly season of Christmas I hope to hand quilt a Michael Miller Fairy panel while I watch the Australian Open Tennis so that I don't feel guilty.
Hear from my friend in Hinckley that you have had a lot of rain, have a lovely Christmas and may 2013 bring you and your family everything you wish for.

CoventryUK 12-19-2012 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Carol Wilson (Post 5729636)
Well done Hilary, hope the new knee is coming on well. After the silly season of Christmas I hope to hand quilt a Michael Miller Fairy panel while I watch the Australian Open Tennis so that I don't feel guilty.
Hear from my friend in Hinckley that you have had a lot of rain, have a lovely Christmas and may 2013 bring you and your family everything you wish for.

Hi Carol! doing ok now thanks!! We sure have had a LOT of rain..it is lashing down now:(! It is 6deg but feels so much colder!! We are sitting in front of a lovely log fire!!!! Thanks for Christmas wishes! We send the same to you and hope 2013 is a better year all round!!

ploverwi2 12-19-2012 12:29 PM

What a neat idea. Your work is beautiful. I had a total knee replacement the last day of Feb. Two weeks later it was infected, and I had to go to emergency and have the parts taken out and new ones put in, because the plastic stuff absorbs the infection. I spent 6 weeks after that in a nursing center and had to have an iv of antibiotics every day for 6 weeks. I told my doctor that if I ever had anything bad happen to the other knee, I would not have another operation, I would be like a bear in a trap and chew it off first. Needless to say, he did LOL. Now, that I have gone through so much and have healed, I am glad it is done, and I can play again.

Originally Posted by CoventryUK (Post 5725671)
In July I was facing an operation(Total Knee Replacement) and needed to take a project into hospital with me! I do very little handwork and thought the hospital might object to my sewing machine......so I decided...HEXAGONS!!! Never thought I would get so hooked!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]382706[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382707[/ATTACH]T[ATTACH=CONFIG]382709[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382711[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382713[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]382715[/ATTACH]This will be a 'longterm' project!!

cherrio 12-19-2012 02:32 PM

good on you!! looks wonderful.

javin22 12-19-2012 03:21 PM

Love the knee project. Can't wait to see it finished.

mumzer 12-19-2012 05:51 PM

I love hexagons also. What a fun quilt. Hope you are feeling better with each passing day.

sewdamncute 12-19-2012 06:54 PM

Hope you continue to improve...your knee that is...your hexagons look perfect!!:)

ccthomas 12-19-2012 07:44 PM

Thanks for sharing the hexagon template link. I have downloaded the 1.5 size. Your hexagons are an inspiration to get started after broken fingers.

NancyLS 12-20-2012 06:11 AM

These are beautiful! Can someone guide me to where I can get a pattern for making hexagons? This is new to me and I would really like to try. Looks like a great way to fill up extra minutes here and there. Thanks everyone!

My time 12-20-2012 09:39 AM

These are so great! Glad to hear you knee is getting better.