Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My newest Vintage Machine Singer 185K (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-newest-vintage-machine-singer-185k-t141755.html)

Candace 07-31-2011 08:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.

Painiacs 08-01-2011 02:09 AM

Doesn't look too bad in pic! Great find! Happy sewing!!

tomilu 08-01-2011 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.

Good score and the base is even decent!!

sueisallaboutquilts 08-01-2011 05:57 AM

Love that color!! Candace- are you willing to divulge how many machines you own???? hee hee :D

marytoddliz 08-01-2011 06:00 AM

wow, what a beautiful machine! What year is it? I have a 1921 I got at yard sale for $25, my hubby is still working on it! And if it never runs at least he is busy and leaving my other machines alone! lol

Candace 08-01-2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
wow, what a beautiful machine! What year is it? I have a 1921 I got at yard sale for $25, my hubby is still working on it! And if it never runs at least he is busy and leaving my other machines alone! lol

I haven't looked up the serial #, but it's early 1950's I believe.

Candace 08-01-2011 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Love that color!! Candace- are you willing to divulge how many machines you own???? hee hee :D

I think my last count was 8, so just a drop in the bucket compared to others:>

annthreecats 08-01-2011 07:58 AM

Nice find and that it works is really nice. Enjoy.

madamekelly 08-01-2011 04:20 PM

If you look for a product called "LA's Awesome Orange" (our dollar store sells it) it will remove all the yellowing from the case for you. You need to wipe it down with a clean damp cloth when you are done. This stuff even takes off nicotine stains! I wear gloves to use it, since I have sensitive skin.

Candace 08-01-2011 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly

If you look for a product called "LA's Awesome Orange" (our dollar store sells it) it will remove all the yellowing from the case for you. You need to wipe it down with a clean damp cloth when you are done. This stuff even takes off nicotine stains! I wear gloves to use it, since I have sensitive skin.

Thanks, but the case that's not in the photo is actually green and I just used a "Magic Eraser" and it came clean;> This is the before photo, not the after....