Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My newest Vintage Machine Singer 185K >

My newest Vintage Machine Singer 185K

My newest Vintage Machine Singer 185K

Old 07-31-2011, 08:39 PM

I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-234676.jpe   attachment-234677.jpe  
Old 08-01-2011, 02:09 AM

Doesn't look too bad in pic! Great find! Happy sewing!!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I've cleaned it up, it needed it. and it looks all nice and shiny. This is the photo taken at the sellers place, but I jumped on it when I saw it listed on CL. It looks better now, but I don't have a photo. I sewed all day on it last week and it does a nice straight stitch. Another fun one to play with. It came with the carrying case that needed a good cleaning too, but it works perfect.
Good score and the base is even decent!!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Love that color!! Candace- are you willing to divulge how many machines you own???? hee hee :D
Old 08-01-2011, 06:00 AM

wow, what a beautiful machine! What year is it? I have a 1921 I got at yard sale for $25, my hubby is still working on it! And if it never runs at least he is busy and leaving my other machines alone! lol
Old 08-01-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
wow, what a beautiful machine! What year is it? I have a 1921 I got at yard sale for $25, my hubby is still working on it! And if it never runs at least he is busy and leaving my other machines alone! lol
I haven't looked up the serial #, but it's early 1950's I believe.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Love that color!! Candace- are you willing to divulge how many machines you own???? hee hee :D
I think my last count was 8, so just a drop in the bucket compared to others:>
Old 08-01-2011, 07:58 AM

Nice find and that it works is really nice. Enjoy.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 PM

If you look for a product called "LA's Awesome Orange" (our dollar store sells it) it will remove all the yellowing from the case for you. You need to wipe it down with a clean damp cloth when you are done. This stuff even takes off nicotine stains! I wear gloves to use it, since I have sensitive skin.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
If you look for a product called "LA's Awesome Orange" (our dollar store sells it) it will remove all the yellowing from the case for you. You need to wipe it down with a clean damp cloth when you are done. This stuff even takes off nicotine stains! I wear gloves to use it, since I have sensitive skin.
Thanks, but the case that's not in the photo is actually green and I just used a "Magic Eraser" and it came clean;> This is the before photo, not the after....